Basic Management Skills (Online)
This course presents the skills needed to help you move into a management position, along with key strategies to help you understand how to navigate the "management minefield" with ease. Learn methods for dealing with unruly employees, the role of office politics and listening techniques that will help you understand what your boss is expecting. (6 months to complete course)
This course contains the following lessons:
- Getting Started -- The Role of a Manager
- Important First Steps
- Building Your Team.
- Managing the Hard Parts
- Building Relationships.
- Motivating and Encouraging.
- Performance Appraisals
- Personal Development
- Communication Skills
- Putting it All Together -- A Review
The cost of this training course includes all course materials.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a manager.
- Identify the process of active listening.
- Identify skills for hiring and keeping good employees.
- Identify ways to discipline employees.
- Identify skills for building relationships.
- Identify ways to motivate employees.
- Identify the process of performance appraisals.
- Identify time management strategies.
- Identify effective meeting management skills.
- Complete a self-assessment on their new skills.
Contact this provider
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...