Advanced Income Tax Preparation Level 1 (Online)
Students will study earned income tax credit (EIC or EITC), clergy income and investments. The course continues with a more in-depth study of employee business expenses, Schedules C and E, at-risk rules and passive activities. (3 months to complete course) Upon completion, students will be able to assist individual taxpayers with more in-depth tax issues.
- This course is designed to enhance the knowledge and experience of tax practitioners.
- This course will give you the confidence to take on more complex returns by reinforcing your existing tax knowledge and building on it.
- This course is also suitable for a veteran preparer who needs to refresh his/her skills.
- If you are an enrolled agent, accountant, lawyer, financial planner, business owner, experienced tax preparer or just interested in increasing your tax knowledge, the advanced course will enable you to prepare more-complex individual tax returns.
- This course provides the critical education and knowledge which make the graduates more competent and successful than their competitors.
Benefits of becoming a tax professional
- Recession-resistant career
- Seasonal and flexible schedule - part-time or full-time hours
- Work for a firm or start your own business
- Enjoy a career servicing the needs of your clients
- Emphasis on problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Reduce your own tax liability
- Income potential is unlimited
Who should attend?
Prior tax preparation experience/knowledge is required. Students normally enroll in this Course after completing the Comprehensive Income Tax class and working at least one season as a tax preparer.
- Office in home
- Earned income credit
- At-risk rules
- Passive activities
- Injured/innocent spouse
- Tax/special credits
- COGS/business start-up
- Section 179
- Employee business expense
- Auto expenses
- Self-employment tax
- Statutory employees
- Capital gains/losses
- Basis of property
- Sale of stock
- Installment sales
- Rental properties
- Sale of business property
- Estimated taxes
The cost of this training course includes all course materials.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs.
Contact this provider
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...