Women in Leadership (Live Online): Expanding Influence and Leading ChangeColumbia Business School Executive Education
Women in Leadership (Live Online): Expanding Influence and Leading Change
Research shows that inclusive leadership and inclusive organizations outperform those that are not. Even though this has been proven, women continue to be underrepresented at all management levels. This course is designed to assist elevate the impact of women leaders, enabling them to develop and leverage their talents, navigate the business landscape and to step into roles of greater influence. The course is offered in partnership with the Athena Center for Leadership Studies at Barnard College.
You will learn how to:
- Articulate your vision and your action plan for personal leadership.
- Advocate for yourself, your team, and your collective ideas.
- Establish strategic networks and leverage them in your career.
- Engage supporters through compelling communications.
- Overcome challenges to your visibility and authority.
- Negotiate favorable outcomes and manage conflict.
The course commences with a comprehensive assessment of your leadership competencies including skills like driving a vision, strategic mindset, building teams, adaptability, building collaborative relationships and networks, managing complexity and innovation.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for middle- to upper-level executives who are looking to develop their leadership abilities and expand their impact and influence.
Day 1 focuses on crystallizing your goals and cultivating the supporters you need to realize your ambitions, including:
- Identifying and developing your:
- leadership identity
- personal brand in the workplace
- motivations, values, and strengths
- vision statement for your leadership
- personal positioning statement
- Evaluating your formal and informal networks to identify the strengths of your network and individuals who can become supporters of your mission.
- Learning strategies for advocating for yourself and gaining visibility for your accomplishments
Day 2 focuses on interactions with others and communicating effectively, including:
- Effective and productive communication tactics in an array of contexts:
- when the stakes are high
- The importance of story-telling to enlist supporters and facilitate decision-making
- Strategies and techniques for making your voice heard in challenging situations.
- Specific approaches for overcoming obstacles in conflict situations and managing negotiations to a beneficial outcome.
Day 3 will equip you to create a new future – from envisioning new strategies to driving change in your organization, specifically:
- Visioning skills required to identify and pursue opportunities beyond your to-do list and to alert others to new possibilities
- Assessing your level of comfort in taking risks
- Adopting a new framework for thinking about risk, uncertainty, and failure
- Applying these new learnings to the opportunity to advance women’s leadership in your workplace and develop strategies to make that happen.
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of this program, you will earn three days towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits.
About Columbia Business School Executive Education
Columbia Business School Executive Education
Columbia Business School Executive Education provides executives from across industries and sectors with the tools, frameworks, and learning needed to lead and excel. Designed for high-impact business leaders, our offerings include over 50 non-degree, open-enrollment programs in leadership, strategy, finance, and marketing...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training
Corporate / Group Training