Based on the Ben Graham or Warren Buffett approach to allocating capital, this exclusive program will teach the frameworks and processes of investing that some of the most successful investors in the world employ to manage and preserve capital.
You will learn to use quantitative valuation techniques, such as arbitrage, asset-based approaches and the earning power method, and you will effectively combine those tools with strategic methodologies for estimating franchise value. Three real-world case studies enable more precise estimation of investment risk and improve your ability to manage a value portfolio.
Who should attend?
Value Investing is appropriate for executives at all levels who want to refine their understanding of value-based investing principles for professional and personal use.
Alumni and up to four of their colleagues are eligible for a 25 percent tuition benefit for programs lasting up to seven days.
Readings and case studies are sent prior to the program to help facilitate the lecture and discussion.
Day One provides an extensive introduction to value investing, including:
- Approaches to investing
- Value investing principles and premises
- Stock market trends
- Investment search criteria
- The value investing process, a framework
- Institutional and individual biases related to investing Value investing in practice
Day Two continues on the base created on Day One and offers information on:
- Competitive advantage and strategic issues
- Defining a moat Understanding a defensible brand/moat
- The evaluation of growth in the context of value investing
- Identifying 'valuable' growth
- Comparing market value to intrinsic value
Day Three builds on the previous days and introduces:
- Risk management in the value process
- Value Investing; an international example
- Basic elements of value
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Columbia Business School Executive Education - At the Very Center of Business
Business practices in every sector are influenced by the groundbreaking research conducted by the Columbia Business School's faculty members. They teach an ever-evolving and transformative curriculum that develops leaders that are ready and capable of creating opportunity in any environment....
Find out more about this Value Investing course by simply filling out your details:
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team