Persuasion: Influencing Without Authority
Personal persuasiveness and being able to negotiate effectively have become essential skills for success because leadership requires less emphasis on giving orders and more on building consensus. This course focuses on the intergroup and interpersonal persuasion challenges, from one-on-one negotiations to driving change in an organization's culture. It also focuses on imparting practical skills that can be applied immediately.
Benefits of the course:
- Develop an awareness of a wide range of persuasive styles.
- Recognize different types of organizational power, and how and when to use each.
- Learn the distinction between persuasion and negotiation, and when to use each.
- Participants utilize a personal case application.
- Learn how to analyze the type of person you’re dealing with, and how to customize your communication for maximum effect.
- Participants receive their own personal videotape analysis of persuasive communication.
- Participants are given an individual assessment of their social style.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all levels of executives. This program is especially suitable for those who find they need to be more effective building consensus and influencing those over whom they do not have formal authority.
Executives who need to promote their agenda in an atmosphere that does not permit giving orders, who need to "manage up," and those who need to drive change, both one on one and across organizational boundaries will also benefit from this program.
- The Full Range of Persuasion Tactics
- Persuasion vs. Negotiation
- Six Tools of Social Influence
- Bosses, Peers, and Subordinates: A Behavioral Styles Assessment
- Four Ways to Change Minds
- Persuasion vs. Motivation
- Persuading One on One, Small Groups, and Large Organizations
Please contact Columbia Business School for more detailed course contents.
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of this program, you will earn three days towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits.
About Columbia Business School Executive Education
Columbia Business School Executive Education
Columbia Business School Executive Education provides executives from across industries and sectors with the tools, frameworks, and learning needed to lead and excel. Designed for high-impact business leaders, our offerings include over 50 non-degree, open-enrollment programs in leadership, strategy, finance, and marketing...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training