Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
PersuasionColumbia Business School Executive Education
Persuasion: Influencing Without Authority - 3-Day Course
Personal persuasiveness and being able to negotiate effectively have become essential skills for success because leadership requires less emphasis on giving orders and more on building consensus. This course focuses on the intergroup and interpersonal persuasion challenges, from one-on-one negotiations to driving change in an organization's culture. It also focuses on imparting practical skills that can be applied immediately.
Benefits of the course:
- Develop an awareness of a wide range of persuasive styles.
- Recognize different types of organizational power, and how and when to use each.
- Learn the distinction between persuasion and negotiation, and when to use each.
- Participants utilize a personal case application.
- Learn how to analyze the type of person you’re dealing with, and how to customize your communication for maximum effect.
- Participants receive their own personal videotape analysis of persuasive communication.
- Participants are given an individual assessment of their social style.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all levels of executives. This program is especially suitable for those who find they need to be more effective building consensus and influencing those over whom they do not have formal authority.
Executives who need to promote their agenda in an atmosphere that does not permit giving orders, who need to "manage up," and those who need to drive change, both one on one and across organizational boundaries will also benefit from this program.
- The Full Range of Persuasion Tactics
- Persuasion vs. Negotiation
- Six Tools of Social Influence
- Bosses, Peers, and Subordinates: A Behavioral Styles Assessment
- Four Ways to Change Minds
- Persuasion vs. Motivation
- Persuading One on One, Small Groups, and Large Organizations
Please contact Columbia Business School for more detailed course contents.
Degree and diploma etc.
Upon completion of this program, you will earn three days towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits.
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Columbia Business School Executive Education - At the Very Center of Business
Business practices in every sector are influenced by the groundbreaking research conducted by the Columbia Business School's faculty members. They teach an ever-evolving and transformative curriculum that develops leaders that are ready and capable of creating opportunity in any environment....
Find out more about this Persuasion course by simply filling out your details:
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team