Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Mastering Corporate Entrepreneurship Online Course
A recent McKinsey survey shows that 86% of senior executives agree that innovation is critical in an organization, and 80% think that their business models will undergo significant threats in the near future. Only 6% were confident about the ability of their organization to innovate.
This online course provides executives with the tools, concepts and application opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of their efforts to develop new businesses from within their organizations.
The program consists of three parts that can be completed individually or as a series.
Part 1: Ideation
By the end of this part, participants will be able to:
- Have an arsenal of tools to enrich and deepen your inventory of potential ideas.
- Understand how to challenge existing orthodoxies around entrepreneurship within your organization and brand.
- Know how to determine whether or not your idea is ready for further investment.
Part 2: Incubation
By the end of part two participants will be able to:
- Have an in-depth understanding of how to initiate the process of corporate entrepreneurship.
- Know how to fail in a smart, intelligent way to get to better outcomes faster.
- Be ready to launch your new product or venture.
Part 3: Acceleration
By the end of part two participants will be able to:
- Have practiced and internalized a strong skill set for scaling entrepreneurship.
- Understand how to develop the right team for your venture project.
- Know how to overcome the pitfalls that so often get in the way of established organizations doing new things.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable forprofessionals and executives who need to develop the language, skills, behaviors, and capabilities of mastering corporate entrepreneurship.
The course is suitable for:
- Venture Team
- Venture Team Member
- Free Agent
Please contact Columbia Business School for more details about suitable participants.
Week 1: Context and Preparation
- assess your portfolio of innovations
- learn to use tools such as the business model canvas to flesh out your ideas
- learn about appropriate funding models for new businesses
Week 2: Excitement, Higher Cause and Ventures in Context
- get to know inspiring and challenging innovators
- discover the exciting, larger purpose your engagement with the venturing process might address
- learn about the three essential leadership roles relevant to venturing
- start to develop certain building-block skills, such as how to conduct a customer interview and capture insights from them
- learn about failing in a smart, intelligent way to get to better outcomes faster
Week 3: Customer Insight and Solution Hypothesis
- learn about customer needs in a disciplined but fresh way
- discuss the well-known ‘jobs to be done’ theory of uncovering customer needs
- practice specific techniques such as the process of ‘painstorming’
- conduct actual customer interviews, either on a project of your choosing or on a case Columbia Business School will provide
Week 4: Inspiration from Unconventional Places
- learn about the process of running a ‘killer ideas’ workshop
- find out how to use human-centered design thinking
- learn how to benefit from opinions and reviews posted on the Internet
- understand how to challenge the taken for granted orthodoxies that can be blinders to discovering real innovation
- put these tools to work in connection with customers and projects
Week 5: Accelerating Idea Generation, Open Innovation and What Senior Managers Need To Do
- learn about ‘open’ innovation and how companies can use contests and prizes to spur creativity among their people
- discover the corporate part of corporate entrepreneurship, with a discussion of senior leadership’s role in creating an entrepreneurial mindset throughout the organization.
Week 6: Digital Assets and Intellectual Property
- understand the waves of change that the digital revolution has unleashed
- get an overview of the economics of digital products
- learn how to commercialize digital offerings
- discover the opportunities created by big data
- explore new opportunities in techniques such as A/B testing and experimentation
- understand the legal aspects of establishing ownership of ideas.
Week 7: Move to Incubation or Head Elsewhere
- determine whether your idea is ready for further investment
- develop a ‘pitch’ to communicate its value to key stakeholders
- discover inexpensive and low-risk ways of getting direct market feedback
Please contact Columbia Business School for details about the parts two and three.
Degree and diploma etc.
Upon completion of this program, you will earn one day towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits.
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Columbia Business School Executive Education - At the Very Center of Business
Business practices in every sector are influenced by the groundbreaking research conducted by the Columbia Business School's faculty members. They teach an ever-evolving and transformative curriculum that develops leaders that are ready and capable of creating opportunity in any environment....
Find out more about this Mastering Corporate Entrepreneurship course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team