Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Leadership EssentialsColumbia Business School Executive Education
Leadership Essentials - 2-Day Course
This course explores the most essential areas of effective leadership. Participants will acquire new insights into how to be better leaders of people and groups, decision makers and organizational change agents.
Participants will learn to:
- Enhance emotional intelligence and apply it appropriately as a leader.
- Strengthen the ability to lead and manage organizational change.
- Improve decision making.
- Motivate your team more effectively.
- Manage the dynamics within and between groups that influence performance.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for mid-level executives looking to improve their effectiveness working with individuals and teams.
I. Leadership Styles and Emotional Intelligence– Day 1, Session 1
- What are the different styles of leadership, and when is it appropriate to exercise one rather than another?
- What role does emotional intelligence (or EQ) play in enacting the different forms of leadership?
II. Leadership Styles and Managing Change– Day 1, Session 2
- What are the key action steps needed to plan and implement change?
- What do you think you do well versus not so well when it comes to planning and implementing change?
- What leadership style makes people more likely to embrace rather than resist change?
- What makes it hard for agents of change to adopt a style that makes others embrace rather than resist change?
- What can be done to overcome the obstacles alluded to in the preceding question?
III. Leadership and Group Dynamics– Day 2, Session 1
- Why do some groups work together effectively, while other groups seem to struggle?
- How does “who you are” influence the type of roles that you take on in a group?
- What climate do you create for groups that you lead?
- How can you motivate your team to take more risk and responsibility?
IV. Leadership and Personality– Day 2, Session 2
- How much of your leadership behavior is driven by your environment?
- How much of your leadership behavior is driven by your own preferences?
- How can you learn about others preferences in order to more effectively lead, manage, and collaborate?
Degree and diploma etc.
Upon completion of this program, you will earn two days towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits.
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Columbia Business School Executive Education - At the Very Center of Business
Business practices in every sector are influenced by the groundbreaking research conducted by the Columbia Business School's faculty members. They teach an ever-evolving and transformative curriculum that develops leaders that are ready and capable of creating opportunity in any environment....
Find out more about this Leadership Essentials course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team