Globalization (Online): Strategies for Your EnterpriseColumbia Business School Executive Education
Globalization (Online): Strategies for Your Enterprise
There has been a marked increase in the flows of goods and services, capital and knowledge between countries in recent years.This course debunks pervasive myths of globalization and provides insight into how to consider macro- and micro-economic challenges and opportunities more accurately. It also provides frameworks that can be used to guide your business strategy and investment decisions to deliver greater profitability in the midst of globalization.
Course participants will:
- Understand the history of globalization and the factors underlying the rise of globalization in developing countries.
- Differentiate finance from other economic sectors, and learn how globalization is tied to financial markets, global reserves, and international financial reform.
- Learn how to evaluate the impacts and effects of globalization.
- Learn the role of governments and businesses in mitigating the forces of globalization.
- Understand the importance of thinking and acting locally when considering expansion.
- Assess the global economic landscape by industry sector in the short- and long-term.
- Understand the role of globalization in trade, labor markets, and intellectual property rights.
- Learn how to apply strategic analysis to understand market structures and competitive advantage in a global environment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of regulatory and trade policies.
- Examine structural and macro issues, the effect of globalization on labor markets, and global issues associated with the environment.
- Learn to better predict future effects of global imbalances.
- Apply knowledge of the impacts of globalization to case studies and real-world scenarios.
- Learn from world-class experts and engage with expert facilitators.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for executives of all levels who wish to gain a deeper understanding of globalization and its impacts on both business and public policy.
- Module 1: Introduction: Globalization and the Rise of Developing Countries
- Module 2: History of Globalization
- Module 3: The Business Perspective: Market Structure, Competitive Advantage, and Globalization
- Module 4: Productivity Growth, Outsourcing, Economic Performance, and Labor Markets
- Module 5: Policy, Structural, and Macro Issues
- Module 6: Effect of Globalization on Labor Markets
- Module 7: The Global Environment
- Module 8: Trade, Inequality and Labor Markets
- Module 9: Inequality and Labor Markets
- Module 10: Intellectual Property Rights and Globalization
- Module 11: Introduction to Financial Markets, the Global Financial System, and Globalization
- Module 12: Global Macro-Stability and the Current Crisis
- Module 13: The Euro Crisis
- Module 14: Globalization, Markets & Changing Economic Landscape
Please contact Columbia Business School for more detailed course contents.
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of this program, you will earn one day towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits.
About Columbia Business School Executive Education
Columbia Business School Executive Education
Columbia Business School Executive Education provides executives from across industries and sectors with the tools, frameworks, and learning needed to lead and excel. Designed for high-impact business leaders, our offerings include over 50 non-degree, open-enrollment programs in leadership, strategy, finance, and marketing...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training
Corporate / Group Training