Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Digital Business Leadership
Columbia Business School’s Digital Business Leadership Program is an intensive, six-month, multi-modular program that prepares global executives to innovate new strategies and business models and lead their organizations to thrive in the digital age.
Executives begin the program with an immersion week at Columbia’s New York Campus where the focus will be on the strategic principles of digital business models. While in New York, they will form teams to work on real-world digital innovation projects, applying the Lean LaunchPad method for rapid innovation. This is followed by an online module on digital marketing and remote work on their team projects with online coaching.
Participants then go to San Francisco to study new disruptive business models and learn from organizations at the forefront of the digital revolution. This is followed by another online module on digital marketing and remote work on their innovation projects. In the ﬁnal module, participants return to the New York Campus for a week, focusing on organizational leadership and digital transformation.
Case studies will feature both digital trailblazers and traditional enterprises that are adapting to the digital age. Participants will leave with a set of planning tools and strategies to apply immediately in their own companies.
Program Partner: Eruditus Executive Education is the program partner for Columbia’s Digital Business Leadership program.
The course it divided into 5 parts:
- Module 1: April 15 - April 19, 2019 (New York)
- Online Program: May - June, 2019
- Module 2: June 10 - June 14, 2019 (San Francisco)
- Online Program: July - August 2019
- Module 3: September 16 - September 20, 2019 (New York)
Who should attend?
Participants might come from large- or medium-sized ﬁrms who are focused on digital transformation and innovation within existing industries.
The Digital Business Leadership program will help talented leaders prepare to take on larger digital transformation roles. All the key elements of the Digital Business Leadership program experience — the faculty, the content, peer interactions and application exercises etc. — are designed speciﬁcally for participants with:
- A minimum of 10+ years of work experience
- International exposure (preferred)
- An urgent agenda for digital transformation
- Conﬁdent ﬂuency in written and spoken English
The program is centered around three key topics — digital strategy, rapid innovation, and organizational transformation — and features project work as well as company speakers and visits.
- The 5 Domains of Digital Transformation
- Platforms, Coopetition, and Multi-Sided Business Models
- From Mass Marketing to Customer Networks
- Disruptive Business Models & Asymmetric Competition
- The Value Proposition Roadmap: A Customer-Centric Tool for Rapid Change
- Innovating Through Experimentation and Minimum Viable Prototypes
- The Lean LaunchPad: How Startups Search for Business Models
- Value Proposition Design & Jobs to Be Done Theory
- Building an Opportunity Portfolio
- Translating the Lean Start-up to Enterprise Scale Innovation
- Leading Organizational Change
- Data-Driven Decision Making & Quantitative Intuition
- Building Data as a Strategic Asset in Your Business
- Surviving Disruption: Six Incumbent Responses to a Disruptive Challenger
- Digital Transformation in the Enterprise
- Work in teams on real-world innovation projects submitted by participants
- Apply the Lean LaunchPad methodology used by startups to rapidly test and innovate
- Conduct customer interviews and ﬁeldwork to validate and iterate your business model
- Learn digital innovation by putting theory into practice
Company speakers and visits
- Hear from leading practitioners in both New York City and Silicon Valley
- Conduct site visits to accelerator labs, startups, and enterprise ﬁrms
- Past presenters have included: startup founders, venture capitalist, technology giants, corporate innovation ofﬁcers, chief digital ofﬁcers, and experts on A.I., blockchain, and other emerging technologies
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Columbia Business School Executive Education - At the Very Center of Business
Business practices in every sector are influenced by the groundbreaking research conducted by the Columbia Business School's faculty members. They teach an ever-evolving and transformative curriculum that develops leaders that are ready and capable of creating opportunity in any environment....
Find out more about this Digital Business Leadership course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team