Creativity Strategy Online: Using Strategic Intuition to Solve Complex Challenges
Business can optimize the gains of innovation and creativity when it is done in collaboration with traditional business analysis, problem-solving and strategy. Innovations need to be aligned with the company's core capabilities and strategies so that it can be readily incorporated into the business, and does not just remain in the creativity playroom.
The course focuses on tools to enhance and systematize the idea generation process and to develop powerful ideas that can be turned into growth strategies.
- Learn the science and method of strategic intuition through more than 20 videos, readings, projects, facilitated online discussion boards, and so forth.
- Interact with course facilitators, faculty and peers from around the world.
- Have access to all course materials for two months following the program.
The recommended time commitment for this course is 4 hours per week.
You will be able to:
- Understand how strategic intuition has been used throughout history to come up with new solutions.
- Assess your and your team’s capacity for strategic intuition.
- Distinguish between an innovation challenge and business problems that simply need expertise.
- Identify and address the potential obstacles to innovation at your organization.
- Generate inspiring solutions that are aligned with business strategy, enhanced by the newest ideas on the market and differentiated from your competitors.
- Use a new methodology to generate ideas and combinations of ideas to strategically solve complex business challenges.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for executives at all levels who are involved in strategic planning, innovation, creative design, product development, marketing and other idea-generating functions.
This program is also ideal for teams within an organization to learn together.
- More than 20 video lectures by Professor Duggan with supportive presentation materials
- Step by step instructional videos by Amy Murphy to help you strategically align your creative idea generation process with your business problem solving to move beyond traditional best practices and expertise
- Coaching cams from an experienced practitioner to help you overcome obstacles in your problem solving
- Opportunities to share insights and collaborate on group projects with peers around the world
- Self assessments
- Group and independent study projects
- Summative weekly commentary and feedback from program faculty and staff
- A learning journal for reflection and personal application
- Two months of access to materials after the program concludes
- Week 1: Program Kick Off and Orientation
- Week 2: The Science of Strategic Intuition
- Week 3: Presence of Mind and Examples from History
- Week 4: Introduction to Creative Combination and More Examples from History
- Week 5: Introduction to the Insight Matrix [Idea Box]
- Week 6: Rapid Appraisal: Identifying and Refining Elements
- Week 7: What Works Scan: Searching for Precedents
- Week 8: Creative Combination Practice
- Week 9: The GLeaM Tool
- Week 10: Program Conclusion and Final Project
Please contact Columbia Business School for more detailed course content information.
Degree and diploma etc.
Upon completion of this program, you will earn one day towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits. Participants also receive a Certificate of Completion from Columbia Business School Executive Education.
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Columbia Business School Executive Education - At the Very Center of Business
Business practices in every sector are influenced by the groundbreaking research conducted by the Columbia Business School's faculty members. They teach an ever-evolving and transformative curriculum that develops leaders that are ready and capable of creating opportunity in any environment....
Find out more about this Creative Strategy (Online) course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team