Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Business Analytics: Identifying and Capturing Value Through Data
Companies such as Google, Disney, Capital One and Walmart are good examples of companies that have effectively used data analysis to drive rapid, precise and highly profitable decisions. A number of recent startups like Splunk and Palantir are based on the application of analytics to large data bases. With the increasing availability of "Big Data", business analytics are becoming a vital capability for small and large businesses alike.
Participants of this Business Analytics course will be able to:
- Identify, evaluate and capture business analytic opportunities that are value-creating.
- Use the data to develop insights and predictive capabilities using machine learning, forecasting techniques and data mining.
- Understand how optimization can support decision-making in the presence of business constraints and a large number of alternatives.
- Explore the challenges associated with implementing analytical approaches.
Attending the program has the following benefits:
- Help you think critically about data and the analyses based on those data.
- Enable you to identify opportunities for creating value using business analytics.
- Expose you to many different applications of business analytics across sectors and industries.
- Empower you to estimate the value created using business analytics to address an opportunity.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for executives who need to gain a better understanding of how to leverage data. It is also ideal for those working in consulting firms whose backgrounds may be in strategy, strategic planning, or process optimization.
Day 1: Predictive Analytics
On day one, we will cover applications in consumer lending, recommendation systems, healthcare analytics, financial analytics, and sport analytics, which will allow you to:
- Predict outcomes
- Assess the quality of our predictions
- Quantify the economic trade-offs that result
Day 2: Prescriptive Analytics
On the second day of the program, we will discuss different frameworks to support decision-making in organizations, which allow you to:
- Leverage the data already collected
- Simulate the future to quantify today’s trade-offs
- Optimize millions of decisions in conjunction with thousands of business and physical constraints
We will cover applications in retail, insurance, pharmaceutical detailing, and financial analytics among others.
Day 3: The Analytic lifecycle
On the third day, we will discuss the analytic lifecycle, including:
- Diagnosing inefficiencies
- Identifying the appropriate analytical approach
- Deploying a decision-support system
Degree and diploma etc.
Upon completion of this program, you will earn three days towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits.
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Columbia Business School Executive Education - At the Very Center of Business
Business practices in every sector are influenced by the groundbreaking research conducted by the Columbia Business School's faculty members. They teach an ever-evolving and transformative curriculum that develops leaders that are ready and capable of creating opportunity in any environment....
Find out more about this Business Analytics: Identifying and Capturing Value Through Data course by simply filling out your details:
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team