Problem Solving in Service
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. A problem is any obstacle that creates a challenge in achieving a desired goal. Problem-solving is the systematic process of removing challenges blocking a goal. Understand how you can determine the required action to manage or stop a problem and understand how you can define the problem to apply the correct solution. We have five Problem Solving courses available in this series that focus on early problem recognition, four stages of creative problem solving, how to define problems accurately, confident decision making and crisis resolution. Each course averages 15 minutes to complete with a post assessment included for each course. The Application Activity forms will allow the participant to apply the learnings in their own scenario and environment. This selection of courses is intended for executives, managers, Call centre staff, and customer facing people who want to improve their leadership abilities. This course can be delivered in two formats. Regardless of learning method, participants will be fully supported in their journey by Chart Learning Solutions’ network of partners.
This option includes unlimited access to slide presentations, video lectures, interactive quizzes, and practical exercises. Participants in this course will also become part of a supportive student network.
The blended course options offers a mix of instructor-led and online training. This option is great for those who wish to combine online learning with more traditional classroom instruction.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
You work with customers in a customer services role or want to develop your skills in this area.
We have five Problem Solving courses available in this series that focus on:
- Early problem recognition
- Problem recognition occurs when you become aware of a gap between where you are and where you want to be. We will guide you to proactively look for hidden problems using tools such as a gap analysis, surveys and interviews. How do you unpack a problem to see the entire problem and not only a small part of the problem? Understand what you can do to initiate problem recognition and how you can gather data.
- Four stages of creative problem solving
- Utilize the four stages of problem-solving and discover what characteristics you need to consider when solving a problem. What is the difference between a problem and dilemma? We will demonstrate how you can verify that your problem has been resolved by evaluation and questions.
- How to define problems accurately
- Problem definitions provide a target boundary, description, and measure of success. To accurately define a problem, use techniques such as data collection, symptom analysis, brainstorming, key-word analysis, force-field analysis, writing it down, and writing a conflict definition. Discover why most problems exist and how to solve the root cause of a problem. Understand the difference between being at cause or at affect and how you can be in control.
- Confident decision making
- Understand how you can categorize decisions to make decisions more effectively. Take a measured approach with the four steps to decision making. How do you anticipate the implementation of your decision by asking what, who, when, where and how questions? Understand how to monitor implementation through observation of key success indicators.
- Crisis resolution
- A crisis is an urgent demand for change that must be addressed immediately. Identify the main cause of a crisis as it is often people-related. Crisis management merely controls the problem and crisis resolution must end the situation. Understand how to prevent, manage and eliminate a negative impact. Discover the six steps to crisis resolution and how do you ensure that you learn from a crisis?
Request information using the form below for pricing.
Certification / Credits
Certification in Problem Solving
Why choose Chart Learning Solutions?
Chart Learning Solutions strives to help organizations and individuals apply the skills in their professional development. This ensures that individuals perform at optimal levels of productivity. Our innovative hybrid learning methodology will:
- Increase team and employee engagement
- Provide employee accountability
- Accelerate positive behavioural changes
- Improve skill competencies and levels of professionalism
- Promote positive cultural change
Contact this provider
Chart Learning Solutions
There's no denying that workplace demands are changing. It is essential that we develop, nurture, and continuously evolve our soft skills to make them the most valuable assets in our companies. Our purpose is to successfully change and enhance the...