We listen more than 80% during a day. As important as it is though, listening is also vastly misunderstood. Many people believe that because we can hear, we listen. We will look at some common listening myths you should be aware of. Discover the three phases of authentic listening and how you can use them to your advantage. Listening is the first step in understanding needs of others so that we can be effective problem solvers. We have five Listening courses available in this series that focus on authentic listening, increasing concentration, building curiosity, gaining clarity, critical listening. Each course averages 15 minutes to complete with a post assessment included for each course. The Application Activity forms will allow the participant to apply the learnings in their own scenario and environment. This selection of courses is intended for sales executives, sales managers, sales reps, and customer facing people who want to improve their leadership abilities. This course can be delivered in two formats. Regardless of learning method, participants will be fully supported in their journey by Chart Learning Solutions’ network of partners.
This option includes unlimited access to slide presentations, video lectures, interactive quizzes, and practical exercises. Participants in this course will also become part of a supportive student network.
The blended course options offers a mix of instructor-led and online training. This option is great for those who wish to combine online learning with more traditional classroom instruction.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
You either work as a Sales Representative or Sales Manager and want to secure your results or you are new in your job role.
We have five Listening courses available in this series that focus on:
- Authentic listening
- Understand why concentration, curiosity and clarity is so important in communication. Understand the many pitfalls and benefits to listening. The bottom line is that it builds effective relationships—the heart of earning and keeping customers. Use listening to increase understanding in any situation you experience.
- Increasing concentration
- Concentrating to hear messages is the first phase of authentic listening. Understand why verbal, vocal, and visual messages need to be congruent in order to be believable. Discover how to be fully present and use our tips for improved concentration.
- Building curiosity
- Understand the three components of curiosity and how to use them in your situation. Avoid pitfalls that cloud our ability to interpret messages accurately. Discover how to increase your ability to interpret messages accurately and how to develop curiosity.
- Gaining clarity
- Understand the difference between direct and indirect communication. We communicate at our best when balancing directness with indirectness, being frank and diplomatic. Understand how to ask clarification questions to increase clarity and using the correct language with your customer.
- Critical listening
- Listening is challenged by attention and inference-making problems. Critical listening demands concentration, curiosity, and clarity with organization and evaluation. Discover how to increase understanding and what is the difference between people-orientated, action-orientated, content-orientated and time-orientated.
Request information using the form below for pricing.
Certification / Credits
Certification in Listening
Why choose Chart Learning Solutions?
Chart Learning Solutions strives to help organizations and individuals apply the skills in their professional development. This ensures that individuals perform at optimal levels of productivity. Our innovative hybrid learning methodology will:
- Increase team and employee engagement
- Provide employee accountability
- Accelerate positive behavioural changes
- Improve skill competencies and levels of professionalism
- Promote positive cultural change
Average rating 5
"The soft skills e-learning course I took was transformative for my personal and professional life."
The course exceeded my expectations in terms of content and delivery.
I appreciated the opportunities for interaction and discussion with other learners.
Contact this provider
Chart Learning Solutions
There's no denying that workplace demands are changing. It is essential that we develop, nurture, and continuously evolve our soft skills to make them the most valuable assets in our companies. Our purpose is to successfully change and enhance the...