Handling Difficult Situations
When a service problem occurs, it’s also likely to create an upset or irate customer, further compounding an already sticky situation. Service professionals must not only be problem solvers, but also tactful negotiators of human emotion. Understand how to work with upset or irate customers in difficult situations and how it is different from working with people who are difficult customers. We will show you a four-step model for calming upset customers and show you how to identify seven types of difficult customers including a strategy to work with each type of difficult customer. We have five Difficult Situations courses available in this series that focus on calming upset/irate customers, difficult customers, call escalation, handling complaints, delivering bad news. Each course averages 15 minutes to complete with a post assessment included for each course. The Application Activity forms will allow the participant to apply the learnings in their own scenario and environment. This selection of courses is intended for executives, managers, Call centre staff, and customer facing people who want to improve their leadership abilities. This course can be delivered in two formats. Regardless of learning method, participants will be fully supported in their journey by Chart Learning Solutions’ network of partners.
This option includes unlimited access to slide presentations, video lectures, interactive quizzes, and practical exercises. Participants in this course will also become part of a supportive student network.
The blended course options offers a mix of instructor-led and online training. This option is great for those who wish to combine online learning with more traditional classroom instruction.
Who should attend?
You work with customers in a customer services role or want to develop your skills in this area.
We have five Difficult Situations courses available in this series that focus on:
- Calming upset/irate customers
- The first priority in calming upset customers is to diffuse tension and then resolve the issue. Discover some words to avoid and how to ensure angry customers feel like they are heard, feeling empathy and can see you are trying to find a resolution. The focus needs to be you and the customer against the situation. Learn how to implement a four-step model for calming upset customers. Understand how to manage customer complaints better in the future by understanding the special needs of customers with complaints.
- Difficult customers
- Difficult customers may not be angry, but difficult to work with for a variety of reasons. We will help you to determine the customer’s difficult behavioral “type” and work with an appropriate strategy. View challenging customers as an opportunity to shine, be your best, and set a great service example.
- Call escalation
- Call escalation is including others in facilitating the resolution of a customer request. It may take place in person, on the phone, or through electronic communication. We will show you four steps in handling customer issues and call escalation.
- Handling complaints
- Customers with complaints want to be seen as right, feel special, treated fairly and be taken care of. We will show you how to ask questions and listen to fully understand the complaint. Acknowledge and agree with the customer’s right to be upset and that a resolution needs to be reached.
- Delivering bad news
- Be balanced in your approach to delivering bad news. Deliver the information tactfully, balanced with directness or the “meat” of the message. Understand how to use the sandwich approach in more sensitive matters: good news, bad news, good news. Think with your heart when delivering bad news. Your compassion will be appreciated.
Request information using the form below for pricing.
Certification / Credits
Certification in Difficult Situations
About Chart Learning Solutions
Chart Learning Solutions
Chart Learning Solutions have created their wide range of training options in order to assist organizations in the development of high-performing managers, leaders, customer service providers, and sales executives. They have created a four-step method that increases performance and creates...
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...