First Impressions in Customer Service
Think of when you met someone for the first time. What was your impression? Good? Bad? Neutral? What we do or say in the first few minutes plays an important role in influencing the future success of that relationship. We form impressions of people within 4-7 seconds. Impressions are opinions based on your personal preferences and past experiences. Discover how you can summarize a personality in as little as a minute, you’ll learn something about a person’s character, physical attributes, mannerisms, likes, dislikes, and more. Whatever your first impression is about anyone, we tend to keep that same first impression when we see that person again! This is known as the Primacy Effect and it influences the course of the relationship. We have five First Impressions courses available in this series that focus on greeting/introductions, customer courtesy, professional image/clothing, word choices, telephone skills. Each course averages 15 minutes to complete with a post assessment included for each course. The Application Activity forms will allow the participant to apply the learnings in their own scenario and environment. This selection of courses is intended for executives, managers, Call centre staff, and customer facing people who want to improve their leadership abilities. This course can be delivered in two formats. Regardless of learning method, participants will be fully supported in their journey by Chart Learning Solutions’ network of partners.
This option includes unlimited access to slide presentations, video lectures, interactive quizzes, and practical exercises. Participants in this course will also become part of a supportive student network.
The blended course options offers a mix of instructor-led and online training. This option is great for those who wish to combine online learning with more traditional classroom instruction.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
You work with customers in a customer services role or want to develop your skills in this area.
We have five First Impressions courses available in this series that focus on:
- The Primacy Effect influences lasting impressions, determining the quality of the relationship in the future. Moments of Truth are “touch points” in time that a customer evaluates when giving you a service “score.” Understand the ten tips for great greetings and introductions. Choose your opening words wisely and we will show you how to balance professionalism with “personalism.”
- Customer courtesy
- Implement areas that could use improvement, based on your service assessment. Courteous behavior determines how customers perceive the quality of your goods and services. Understand how to apply the customer care courtesy model that includes being right, ready, recommending solutions, and resolving problems. Discover how you can go beyond the basics of courtesy behaviors.
- Professional image/clothing
- Your professional image should reflect not only your business’s social norms, but also allow you the freedom to express yourself as a person. Understand the five professional image strategies and what makes each one unique. Discover how a professional image also includes good grooming, upright posture, being punctual, word articulation, effective listening, reliability, responsiveness, respect, and courteousness.
- Word choices
- Words can make or break or break a good first impression. Choose them carefully. Discover why it is important to use positive language, expressing what you can do, not what you can’t. Understand how to be specific in your written and spoken communication and how to end your sentences appropriately. Be careful how you express yourself. You may not be preventing wars, but one word can save or lose a valued customer!
- Telephone skills
- Understand the importance of holding the receiver properly to maintain energy and vocal quality and how to vary your rate of speech to maintain listener interest. Adjust your voice to match the purpose of the call. Lowering your vocal range sends a more controlled image. Listen to learn the purpose of the call. Don’t interrupt. Ask questions to clarify understanding. Learn how to flawlessly place calls on hold or transfer like a pro. Your customers will appreciate you!
Request information using the form below for pricing.
Certification / Credits
Certification in First Impressions
Why choose Chart Learning Solutions?
Chart Learning Solutions strives to help organizations and individuals apply the skills in their professional development. This ensures that individuals perform at optimal levels of productivity. Our innovative hybrid learning methodology will:
- Increase team and employee engagement
- Provide employee accountability
- Accelerate positive behavioural changes
- Improve skill competencies and levels of professionalism
- Promote positive cultural change
Contact this provider
Chart Learning Solutions
There's no denying that workplace demands are changing. It is essential that we develop, nurture, and continuously evolve our soft skills to make them the most valuable assets in our companies. Our purpose is to successfully change and enhance the...