The (ISC)2 CAP credential is ideal for IT, information security and information assurance practitioners seeking to prove their understanding of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF). It shows you have the advanced knowledge and technical ability to formalize processes to asses risk, determine an information systems security posture, produce comprehensive security documentation, and assist with authorizing the system.
Aligned with the (ISC)² CAP body of knowledge, Captiva Solutions’ Cybersecurity Assessor course covers best practices, policies, procedures, and technologies used to assess risk, determine security posture, and authorize and maintain information systems. It is the only course that provides 100% of the knowledge required to pass the CAP certification exam and includes a detailed introduction to cybersecurity concepts, mock sessions and powerful hands-on skills you need to succeed from day one. It enhances the established CAP domains with relevant resources, add-on skills, and security best practices. During the course you will learn how to use the NIST RMF to support your organization’s operations while complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
Led by certified industry experts, our Cybersecurity Assessor course features exclusive options designed for the cybersecurity practitioner, while meeting examination and industry requirements. It includes value-added flexible review sessions covering 100% up-to-date practice exams on the latest version of the (ISC)² CAP exam.
Who should attend?
Captiva Solutions CAP training course is essential for professionals dealing with risk assessments, system security posture and authorization of information systems within the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF). This includes:
- Information system security officers
- Senior system managers
- Security consultants
- System administrators
- IT and information security professionals who use the RMF
- Anyone looking to learn more about the NIST-based information systems security authorization process
- Security Auditors/Assessors
Relevant Jobs for CAP Certified Professionals
Jobs that are ideal for CAP certified professionals include:
- Information security manager/consultant
- Technical/IT consultant
- Security operations manager
- Technical/System Analysts
- Cloud security consultant
- Security Assessor/Auditor
- Domain 1 – Information Security Risk Management Program
- Domain 2 – Categorization of Information Systems
- Domain 3 – Selection of Security Controls
- Domain 4 – Implementation of Security Controls
- Domain 5 – Assessment of Security Controls
- Domain 6 – Authorization of Information Systems
- Domain 7 – Continuous Monitoring
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Describe the historical events that led to the development of the RMF
- Describe RMF-core roles and responsibilities
- Understand related processes integrated in the RMF
- Identify key references related to each of the six RMF steps
- Identify key terminology and associated definitions;
- Describe the Federal laws and OMB directives, NIST FIPS and SPs, and other key instructions, that form the legal mandates and supporting guidance required to implement the RMF.
- Acquire the relevant knowledge and skills required to pass the CAP certification exam
Course delivery details
Each Captiva Solutions course maximizes your investment and quickly prepares you for the certification exam. Our training programs provide multiple benefits some of which include:
- CPE Eligible Courses
- DoD 8140/ 8570.1 Compliant Courses
- Affordable course fees that provide more value
- Flexible pricing options using our payment plan
- Real-Skills-for-Real-jobs™ Training Methodology
- Seasoned instructors and practicing subject matter experts
- Recognition of technical expertise leading to increased value
- Focused, exam-ready content in an easy to follow study guide
- Convenient class schedules including weekdays and weekends
- 30-day post-class support for hassle-free real-world application
- A stash of relevant takeaway tools, guides, resources, and learning material
- Coaching and mentoring from highly experienced and certified practitioners
- Certification exam achievement leading to explosive career growth potential
- Immediate utilization of knowledge and skills in real world settings resulting in a competitive edge
- Supplementary materials in the form of case studies, practice questions, and industry white papers
- Role-based interactive sessions and real-world scenarios, including hands-on labs and practical exercises
- Multiple delivery formats including instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, hybrid, on-demand, and group training to fit your needs
Additional perks we offer include:
- Retake opportunity
- Referrals to top recruiters
- Resume review, update, and building tips
- Six-month extended access to online classes
- Bootcamps and exam preparation immersive classes
- Interview preparation, tips and tricks, softs skills coaching and mentorship
- Enterprise grade Learning Management System (LMS)
- Customizable LMS dashboards for individuals, teams, and managers
40 Hours - $1,550.00
Certification / Credits
- To qualify for the CAP, candidates must pass the exam and have at least two years of cumulative, paid work experience in one or more of the seven domains of the (ISC)² CAP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK®).
- A candidate who doesn’t yet have the required experience to become a CAP may become an Associate of (ISC)² after successfully passing the CAP exam. The Associate of (ISC)² will then have three years to earn the experience needed for CAP certification.
- NIST National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Aligned Role: SP-RSK-002 – Securely Provision (SP) – Risk Management (RSK)
- DoDD 8140 (8570) Level: Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I & II.
- 40 Hours of immersive learning
- Eligible for up to 35 CPE credits
- Aligned to industry-recognized roles
- Bonus, value-added learning sessions
- Ongoing practice tests and simulation exams
- Real-world case studies and hands-on sessions
Why choose Captiva Solutions?
Niche Area: Cybersecurity
About Captiva Solutions
Since 2010, Captiva Solutions has been providing training to next-generation cyber-guardians with real-life skills and tactics. We are more committed than ever to address the current risk of an uneducated and unqualified Information Assurance (IA) workforce and offer courses that...
Learn more about our training service, methodology, and benefits.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...