Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
Learn to make sense of a complex financial world. You'll gain the knowledge you need to make smart investment decisions, become a confident advisor, and build a solid foundation for your career.
In today's highly competitive financial services landscape, employees who are committed to their personal development are the ones who excel. The CSC is the foundational financial services credential that top employers demand.
Upcoming start dates
Available to start now
Who should attend?
Enrol in the CSC if you are:
- Training to become a full-service investment advisor or an investment representative
- Seeking your mutual funds license
- Dealing in Alternative Mutual Funds for retail investors (as per the latest regulatory announcement)
- Seeking your exempt market representative license
- A bank or trust company officer
- A financial planner
- An active investor who wants to learn how to manage your portfolio
- Seeking a position in the Canadian financial services industry
- A financial planner
You will learn about:
- The Canadian securities industry and the regulatory environment
- Market and economic events impacting investment performance
- Understanding and analyzing corporate financial statement
- Financial instruments: fixed income, equities, derivatives, managed products, and structured products
- Company, industry and market performance/analysis
- The portfolio management process and asset allocation
- Setting financial goals and the financial planning process
- Fee-based accounts and taxation
- Ethics and industry standards of conduct
- The institutional marketplace
Average rating 3.7
Had an issue with the time scheduled on my exam- very slow to respond and still have not had a call back from a manager. I’m not one to leave reviews ever but the service is aw...
Even with my MBA, I found it difficult to find a position within the finance industry. Getting the CSC gave me a competitive advantage and made it much easier.
This is financial literacy, financial knowledge that the everyday individual can use to empower themselves.
Canadian Securities Institute
The Canadian Securities Institute (CSI) has been setting the standard for excellence in life-long education for financial professionals for more than 45 years. CSI is part of Moody’s Analytics Training and Certification Services, which offers education programs and credentials throughout...