Nonprofit Management & Leadership Certificate Program
Lead through innovation and impact. To make a difference in your organization, you need a firm grasp of management fundamentals. You have to think and act strategically. And you need the capacity to make mission-driven decisions. For Boston-area nonprofit leaders, the Nonprofit Management and Leadership (NML) Certificate Program at Boston University Questrom School of Business is an unparalleled opportunity to develop the skills, perspective, confidence, and network to lead a successful nonprofit organization. You have a distinctive commitment, voice, and ambition. Combine those with the knowledge of experienced practitioners, top-rated faculty, and accomplished social entrepreneurs, and the results will astound you.
Our hands-on, sophisticated curriculum offers core management and leadership lessons, plus powerful small-group seminars led by senior fellows who are experienced nonprofit executives. It all leads to increased individual performance and more effective teamwork. In just seven months, you’ll boost your knowledge of key management fundamentals—and your organization’s impact.
Who should attend?
- Experienced nonprofit leaders eager to master skills and build a professional network to create lasting change.
- Applicants of all backgrounds with a range of supervisory and management experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should demonstrate:
- Managerial or leadership roles in nonprofit sector
- Minimum of five years in the nonprofit/public sector
- Readiness for rigorous, graduate-level education
- Diversity of background, experience, and our community
- A dedication to social issues including youth development, community development, environmental action, advocacy, public policy, health care, education, philanthropy, religion, and arts & culture
Training Course Content
The NML Certificate Program consists of two core components: Classroom Seminars and Small Group Seminars.
The Classroom Seminars, taught by senior faculty experienced in the nonprofit sector, consist of 22 two-hour sessions that engage you in the fundamentals of nonprofit management and leadership.
The Small Group Seminar enables you to personalize the content of the Classroom Seminars through the discussion of live cases. Small Group Seminars are facilitated by senior fellows, who are experienced nonprofit executives, coaches, and mentors. The small groups engage in action-oriented problem-solving and discussion regarding specific challenges confronted individually or collectively by participants and their organizations.
Topics covered include:
- Managing Self and Others
- Leadership Theories and Practice
- Building Organizational Culture
- Managing Change
- Financial Management
- Telling Your Organizational Story
- Measuring Impact
Boston University Questrom School of Business, Executive Leadership Center
Boston University Questrom School of Business, established in 1913, presently enrolls approximately 3,000 students in its undergraduate and graduate programs. In 1996, the School of Management opened its new building, the most technologically advanced structure ever built for management education....
Find out more about this Nonprofit Management & Leadership Certificate Program course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team