The Venture Capital program is an immersive experience where you will directly interact with venture investors from the global innovation cluster: Silicon Valley. Throughout the program, you’ll fortify a foundation of investing principles to launch your big ideas. Understand what investors are looking for, uncover pathways for angel investing and crowdfunding, and become an expert in VC deal structure.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur with an innovative business opportunity needing start-up funding, or an experienced VC practitioner looking to tighten your skills, this program builds your craft in venture capital. Open more doors to opportunity by learning how to select and secure VC deals, create a comprehensive investment strategy, and gain a deeper understanding of corporate venture capital to propel your success.
As a program participant, you’ll get a comprehensive overview of the venture capital investment cycle and interact with Capital investors from the world’s premier innovation cluster: Silicon Valley.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This program will benefit a broad range of people including:
- Entrepreneurs considering venture capital funding
- Aspiring venture capital investors
- Executives leading corporate M&A and business development
- Asset managers for public and private institutions, foundations, and corporations
- International economic development officials
- Assets managers investing in sovereign wealth
- Angel investors
- Executives and representatives of privately- and family-owned businesses
- Professional service providers such as attorneys, CPAs, and consultants
Participating in this program and you will:
- Understand the Venture Capital Investing Cycle: Begin with the foundational principles of capital investing cycle from opportunity assessment, valuation, deal structuring, and corporate governance to harvesting investments.
- Explore the Inside Dynamics of Venture Capital Funds: Learn what motivates VCs, how venture capital reward systems work, and understand current industry perspectives on fast-changing, emerging opportunities.
- Understand What Constitutes a VC Quality Deal: Apply proven processes to assess opportunities like a venture capitalist, VC, how to identify a great startup with a high probability of success, and how to vet and select the best deals.
- Gain Valuable Practical Skills and Techniques: Acquire powerful valuation techniques, learn how to structure a term sheet, and understand how entrepreneurs can optimize their returns.
- Build the network within a Powerful Industry Community: Become part of a cohort of professionals who are the connectors and innovators within the VC and private equity industry.
Course delivery details
The training has two available formats. Each format has its own unique features to bring to you the best experience while you with us at Berkeley Executive Education.
The first format is an 8-day online venture capital program utilizing a cutting-edge Live classroom platform. Online sessions are usually held from 08:00 am - 01:00 pm (Pacific Time Zone). The second format is a 5-day in-person venture capital program that provides interactive learning and networking.
The fee for the 8-Day Online format is $6,450 (USD).
The fee for the 5-Day In-Person format is $8,650 (USD).
Certification / Credits
Upon completing this program, Berkeley Haas Executive Education will award you with a verified digital Certificate of Completion in Venture Capital Executive Program.
Besides, this program counts toward a Certificate of Business Excellence. A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence gives individuals the opportunity to create a personal plan of study structured by our four academic pillars. Participants will earn a mark of distinction with certification from a world-class university, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years.
Contact this provider
Berkeley Executive Education | Leading with innovation & changing the way you learn
At Berkeley Executive Education you will explore a revolutionary learning experience that defies boundaries. Based on 2019 total enrollment revenue data, Berkeley Executive Education ranks #1 among public universities in executive education based on revenue and impact. All courses at...