The Open Innovation for Leaders program is an opportunity to learn and apply the major concepts behind modern innovation management. Taught by the ‘Father of Open Innovation’ himself, Faculty Director Henry Chesbrough, this innovation training will give you the skills you need to implement innovative thinking and overcome organizational barriers that stifle success.
Open innovation is an open-source approach that centers innovative thinking and collaboration as tools for success. You will learn how to integrate innovative strategies that influence your company’s technology, design, and overall business operations. You will master the essential processes to effectively explore innovation incubators and implement organizational innovation throughout your company. Upon completion, you will have a personalized action plan that launches a path for innovative ideas.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This program will benefit a broad range of people from the public and private sectors including:
- Executives responsible for managing and executing innovation in their organization
- Senior R&D staff and managers
- Senior information system managers
- Business development managers searching for sources of organic growth
- Anyone with “Open Innovation” in their job title or job description
- A group of colleagues or team who would like to advance their skills together
- Identify New Opportunities, Save Time and Money, and Share Innovation Risks. You will learn how to use open innovation to enable inflows and outflows of knowledge across the organization.
- Eliminate the “Not Invented Here” Syndrome from Your Organization. You will learn techniques to develop open innovation practices at your organization and enlighten your technical staff on the benefits of open innovation.
- Sustain Growth Over Time: The session helps you to master a mindset to follow open innovation principles and keep your company ahead of competitors.
- Anticipate Potential Sources of Resistance in Your Organization. You will prepare a thoughtfully plan and anticipate potential sources of resistance to change in your organization like employees and system processes.
Course delivery details
The training has two available formats. Each format has its own unique features to bring to you the best experience while you with us at Berkeley Executive Education.
The first format is a 4-week virtual innovation training utilizing the flexible, online ExecEd Digital Lab. Online sessions are held from 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm Pacific Time Zone. The second format is a 3-day in-person, immersive program held at Haas School of Business campus.
The fee for the 4-Week Online format is $2,450 (USD).
The fee for the 2-Day In-Person format is $5,250 (USD).
Certification / Credits
Upon completing this program, Berkeley Haas Executive Education will award you with a verified digital certificate of completion in Open Innovation for Leaders Program.
In addition, this program counts toward a Certificate of Business Excellence. A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence gives individuals the opportunity to create a personal plan of study structured by our four academic pillars. Participants will earn a mark of distinction with certification from a world-class university, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years.
Contact this provider
Berkeley Executive Education | Leading with innovation & changing the way you learn
At Berkeley Executive Education you will explore a revolutionary learning experience that defies boundaries. Based on 2019 total enrollment revenue data, Berkeley Executive Education ranks #1 among public universities in executive education based on revenue and impact. All courses at...