The Executive Decision Making with Data Science program provides executives with essential training in decision-making skills to empower them to overcome biases, problem-solve, and adopt data-driven decision-making skills.
Professor Don Moore guides participants to learn the fundamentals of decision-making, how mining big data can impact judgment, and how critical thinking can minimize harmful short-term decisions. The program increases the participants’ ability to evaluate and apply discernment so that trivial information is subdued and practical decision-making tools are enabled to ensure successful business outcomes.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This program will benefit a broad range of people from the public and private sectors including:
- Senior executives where decisions can have a massive impact on the organization and its future stability,
- Department heads such as those from marketing, strategy, or operations where small changes can have a big impact,
- General Managers who face multiple “pain points” and multi-attribute decision making,
- Decisions makers who impact the success of their functions or organizations,
- A group of colleagues or team who would like to advance their skills together.
The training content includes:
- Sharpen Your Decision-Making Intuition:Curb overconfidence by learning how your intuition guides you. Overcome the mind traps that can impair effective decision-making.
- Harness the Power of Data: Develop the skills to collect, test, and identify accurate and usable data to build a solid foundation of evidence and inform better business strategies.
- Apply Advanced Tools & Build Your Confidence: Explore advanced tools (such as pre-mortems) to help you build confidence and make sound decisions in the face of risk and uncertainty.
- Enable Sustainability & Long-Term Decision Making: Learn how to anticipate the downstream effects of your decisions and maintain critical thinking skills while balancing trade-offs and considering larger business goals.
Course delivery details
The format is a 3-day in-person program, leadership training at UC Berkeley Haas School of Business campus.
The main features of the program are:
- World-renowned Berkeley Haas and Executive Education Faculty,
- Blend of real-life examples, business case studies, and data from your own company,
- Exclusive networking reception with faculty,
- Access to the program alumni community,
- Executive Decision Making with Data Science Certificate of Completion.
The program fee for the 3-Day In-Person format is $4,900 (USD).
Certification / Credits
In addition, this program counts toward a Certificate of Business Excellence with the pillar in Strategy & Management. A UC Berkeley Certificate of Business Excellence gives individuals the opportunity to create a personal plan of study structured by our four academic pillars. Participants will earn a mark of distinction with certification from a world-class university, and enjoy the flexibility of completing the program in up to three years.
Contact this provider
Berkeley Executive Education | Leading with innovation & changing the way you learn
At Berkeley Executive Education you will explore a revolutionary learning experience that defies boundaries. Based on 2019 total enrollment revenue data, Berkeley Executive Education ranks #1 among public universities in executive education based on revenue and impact. All courses at...