Leading World Class Teams: Local, Global, VirtualBarnes & Conti Associates, Inc.
Leading World Class Teams: Local, Global, Virtual
Today’s technology has made it possible for people to easily connect and communicate over long distances. Because of this, virtual teams have sprung up within companies that can include people spread out all over the globe. Virtual teams need the same qualities and skills as teams located in only one location, but to be most effective, virtual teams need additional or alternate structures in the way they operate.
Barnes & Conti Associates created Leading Global & Virtual Teams™ in order to provide leaders or members of virtual teams with tools and techniques to create as well as maintain trusting and motivated teams. Through this program, team leadership and team members will gain the tools to succeed even across boundaries of time, distance, and culture. The course is delivered over one or two days.
Leading Global and Virtual Teams is available virtually as one of our “Learning Journeys." Fill out the information request form to learn more.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for team leadership and team members, whether virtual or co-located, who depend on communication skills and collaboration to get their work done. It may also be useful for team startup.
Introduction and Definitions:
- Introduction and clarification of key concepts regarding teams and teamwork
- Exploration of factors that make a team "world class"
- Benchmark team exercise
World Class Team Model Introduction:
- Review of high-performing teams model including characteristics and skills associated with each element
- Application to benchmark exercise
World Class Team Elements:
- In-depth exploration of specific elements
- Skill practice using applicable tools and behaviorals
- Content is real work defined by the team or organization
- Tools, skills, and processes for leading co-located or virtual teams
Virtual Team Leadership:
- Special application for leading virtual teams
Special Issues for Global Teams:
- Exploration of cultural differences and implications for global teams
- An experimental exercise that allows participants to experience all the elements of a world class team performance
Introduction to the Tool Kit:
- A review of tools for leading co-located or virtual teams
Applications and Next Steps:
- Follow-up steps for developing high performing teams
Course delivery details
This workshop can be delivered either in a traditional classroom setting, typically over one or two days for up to 24 participants, or as an interactive Virtual Learning Journey over the course of two or three 2.5 hour sessions. Both include prework, live sessions with skill practice, discussion and feedback, fieldwork and resources for continuous learning and reinforcement. The Learning Journey can be customized to meet the needs and business objectives of your organization.
Contact Barnes & Conti for information on price.
Certification / Credits
Participants will learn to apply a model that describes key factors for high-performing, co-located or virtual teams, use self and team assessments to target areas for team skills development, use practical tools for improving team communication and effectiveness, and develop an action plan for applying what they have learned to improve their team’s performance.
About Barnes & Conti
Bring Over 30 Years of Expertise to Your Organization with Barnes & Conti Associates
Barnes & Conti Associates believe that a great idea can change the world. That’s why they have spent over 30 years training people in how to have their ideas heard and implemented. They are an organization that excels in leadership...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training
Corporate / Group Training