Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
ASTM Standards for Light Sport Aircraft - E-Seminar
This e-seminar is designed to train and certify LSA manufacturers in the use and implementation of industry consensus standards. The online video course covers the ASTM standards for light sport aircraft in detail, from how they are used to best practices.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Discuss requirements to obtain a Light Sport Aircraft Certificate
- Recall strategies to implement widely accepted internal quality control and production procedures to ensure minimal compliance to the ASTM standards
- Describe how to incorporate standards requirements into company processes
- Discuss procedures to determine and show compliance to the standards
- Discuss the connection between references from civil aviation authorities to use of the standards and requirements in the standards themselves
The e-seminar is an enhanced video recording of the 2-day live seminar, including all materials and a follow-along transcript.
Who should attend?
This e-seminar is designed for:
- LSA manufacture personnel assigned to F37 standards compliance
- LSA manufacturer Quality Assurance managers
- Civil Aviation Authority Regulators
- Accident investigators (NTSB)
- State Aviation Authorities
- LSA industry service providers, such as mechanic schools, fixed based operators (FBO's), etc.
- Technicians, shop foremen, sales representatives, and regulators new to LSA, and anyone who needs knowledge of ASTM standards for aircraft
The course is not designed for aircraft designers with years of experience.
Training content includes:
- ASTM and LSA Committee Overview
- Standards development process
- Accepted Standards
- Produce Initial Aircraft
- Production test documentation
- Produce Documents
- Establish Authority
- Declare Compliance
- Industry Compliance Auditing
USA Specific Information
- FAA Involvement with Light Sport Aircraft and ASTM Standards
- Filling out a 8130-15 Statement of Compliance
- Required documents, signoffs
- Regulatory documents related to LSA
Cross-Cutting Standards and Developing Compliance Documents
- Engine design
- Emergency parachutes
- Maintenance Manual
- Kit Assembly Instructions
Aircraft-Specific Standards (Fixed-Wing)
- Technical Review of ASTM F2295 and F2279
- Continued Operational Safety Monitoring (F2295)
- Quality Assurance in Manufacture (F2279)
- Interactive Exercises
- Technical Review of ASTM F2245
- Design and Performance of a LSA Airplane (F2245)
- Document organization
- Comparison to other existing standards
- Mandatory and non-mandatory material
- Interactive Exercises
- Design and Construction
- Appendices-simplified load criteria and water loads
- Power Plant
- Required Equipment
- Aircraft Operating Instructions
- Glider Towing
- Night Flight
The cost of this e-seminar is $1150 USD.
Provider: ASTM International
ASTM International: Helping Our World Work Better
ASTM International was originally founded in 1898 as the "American Society for Testing and Materials". Today, ASTM International is a not-for-profit organization and is one of the largest voluntary standards developing organizations globally. The organization provides a forum for the...