Introduction to Quality Engineering Course
Participants will learn critical Quality Engineering concepts and tools. They’ll gain essential knowledge and skills relating to quality systems, auditing, product and process control and design, quality methods and tools, applied statistics, SPC, and Design of Experiments.
Participants will learn how to harness Quality Engineering concepts and tools such as quality systems, auditing, product and process control and design, quality methods and tools, applied statistics, SPC, and Design of Experiments (DOE). Boost your engineering expertise and your effectiveness as a Quality Engineer with this comprehensive introduction to key quality engineering concepts and tools critical to success in the field of Quality Engineering today. Although this course addresses many areas of the body of knowledge for the Certified Quality Engineer examination, it is not designed either as an exam refresher or as a preparatory course for the exam.
Who should attend?
This course has been developed for engineers, quality control personnel, inspectors, testing personnel, or those interested in the quality engineering profession.
Course Overview/Introductions (1 hour)
Overview of Management and Leadership Principles (5 hours)
- Quality Philosophies and Foundations
- The Quality Management System (QMS)
- Strategic planning
- Deployment techniques
- Quality information system (QIS)
- Facilitation Principles and Techniques
- Customer Relations
- Supplier Management
The Quality System (3 hours)
- Elements of the Quality System
- Documentation of the Quality System
- Quality Standards and Other Guidelines
- Quality Audits
- Types of audits
- Roles and responsibilities in audits
- Audit planning and implementation
- Audit reporting and follow up
- Cost of Quality (COQ)
- Quality Training
Product and Process Design (3 hours)
- Classification of Quality Characteristics
- Design Inputs and Review
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Reliability and maintainability indices
- Bathtub curve (15 minutes)
- Reliability / Safety / Hazard Assessment Tools
Product and Process Control (5 hours)
- Material Control
- Material identification, status, and traceability
- Material segregation
- Classification of defects
- Material review board (MRB)
- Acceptance Sampling
- Sampling concepts
- Sampling standards and plans; sampling integrity
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and Metrology
Continuous Improvement (4 hours)
- Quality Control Tools
- Quality Management and Planning Tools
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Corrective Action
- Preventive Action
Quantitative Methods and Tools (10 hours)
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Descriptive statistics
- Graphical methods for depicting relationships
- Graphical methods for depicting distributions
- Quantitative Concepts: Terminology
- Probability Distributions
- Continuous distributions
- Discrete distributions
- Statistical Decision-Making
- Point estimates and confidence intervals
- Hypothesis testing
- Paired-comparison tests
- Goodness-of-fit tests
- Contingency tables
- Relationships Between Variables
- Linear regression
- Simple linear correlation
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Objectives and benefits
- Common and special causes
- Selection of variable
- Rational subgrouping
- Control charts
- Control chart analysis
- Short-run SPC
- Process and Performance Capability
- Process capability studies
- Process performance vs. specifications
- Process capability indices
- Process performance indices
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Planning and organizing experiments
- One-factor experiments
- Full-factorial experiments
- Two-level fractional factorial experiments
Course Summary; Concluding Activities (1 hour)
ASQ Members pay $2,189.
In addition to scheduled dates, this course can be delivered as an in-company training for your staff. Request information to learn the details.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led virtual classroom setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
Certification / Credits
This course has been accredited for:
- CEU Hours: 3.4
- ASQ RU: 3.4
Understand basic quality management principles.
- Understand the relationship of the quality engineer to the quality system.
- Analyze the relationship of statistics to a process.
- Understand process capability and use statistical process control to monitor a process.
- Generate acceptance sampling plans and identify and use technical quality tools.
- Incorporate quality technology in design, customer-supplier relationships, Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM), materials control, measurement, auditing, quality costs and document control within a quality system.
- Apply problem-solving tools and basic statistical concepts, process control and process capability plans, acceptance sampling, and attribute controls.
ASQ - American Society for Quality - Professional Training Courses & Certification
ASQ (American Society for Quality) is an international community of individuals committed to quality who share the ideas and tools that make our world work better. With individual and organizational members around the world, ASQ has the reputation and reach...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
2,395 USD-2,645 USD
2,995 USD-3,310 USD