Integrated Quality Management
Quality management just makes sense. You need to know how to make it a part of your organization. In this course, you'll review advanced quality management principles, best practice techniques, tools, and skills. You'll find these concepts useful in a wide range of businesses and organizations including manufacturing, service, government, education, and healthcare. The course uses adult learning principles including Discovery Learning techniques, small group work, self assessments, articles, and mini-case study reviews. You will create a list of key areas for improvement and develop a draft action plan that you can finalize back on the job.This two-day virtual course provides you with a comprehensive review and working knowledge of key concepts and practices included in the following:ASQ's Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence Body of Knowledge ASQ's Certified Quality Improvement Associate Body of Knowledge The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Performance Excellence Criteria.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led classroom setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
Who should attend?
Quality managers and directors, small business CEOs and COOs, division and department managers, general managers, finance directors, military officers, and anyone who is responsible for implementing and integrating quality management practices into their organizations.
- Quality Management Overview
- What is it?
- ASQ Futures Study and its implication to organizations and quality practitioners
- Business excellence models and standards, tools of management
- Process management
- Human Factors Needed to Achieve Technical Solutions
- HR performance management
- Culture and leadership
- Change management
- Performance Metrics and Strategic Planning for Improvement
- Performance metrics evolution; BSC
- Customer listening posts and the strategic use of customer value drivers to target and improve performance
- Strategic use and integration of improvement methods such as COQ, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and benchmarking
- Product & Service Design and Improvement
- Juran Trilogy and exemplary model and methods for product/service planning (design and development) and improvement
- Similarities and differences between current methods such as QFD, DFSS, APQP, DOE, FMEA, control plans, Lean, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
Certification / Credits
- Apply QM concepts and practices to create workplace value
- Utilize a course overview roadmap to understand the integration of each module and the “big picture”
- Make use of the ASQ Futures Study to see and understand the impact of change on their business and the changing roles of quality professionals
- Compare and contrast the use of business excellence models and standards as a key management tool; understand the goals of quality management that support business excellence
- Apply the best practices in culture, leadership, and change management to assure adequate consideration is given to key human factors needed to achieve technical solutions
- Be able to understand the evolution of business metrics and today’s use of metrics to align with and deploy business strategy
- Familiarize themselves with the framework of a Balanced Scorecard, and use the Baldrige Criteria and the BSC Hall of Fame criteria to critique their organization’s process.
- Recognize elements of best practice customer listening posts and the strategic use of customer value drivers to target and improve performance.
- Examine the strategic use and integration of improvement methods such as cost of Quality, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and benchmarking.
Contact this provider
ASQ - American Society for Quality - Professional Training Courses & Certification
ASQ (American Society for Quality) is an international community of individuals committed to quality who share the ideas and tools that make our world work better. With individual and organizational members around the world, ASQ has the reputation and reach...