Cost Of Quality (COQ) Implementation
This one-day, instructor-led, virtual or traditional classroom course helps you understand the vital link between quality management and financial management. It explains the quality management principles and Techniques such as the process approach, prevention, problem solving, and change management. This enables an understanding of COQ concepts, calculations, and strategy development. The course explains a two-phase strategic approach. Phase one will help you identify and implement COQ projects within your own organization. Phase two links quality and finance with a continuous collection process. The instructor includes tools such as calculation sheets, case studies, and discussions to make the course interactive, practical, and useful.
Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors, quality leaders, and facilitators responsible for and involved in continuous improvement, as well as representatives from accounting and finance should attend this training.
- Course Objectives
- Evolution of Quality Management
- The ‘Law of Ten’
- Quality Management and Finance
- Planning Quality and Finance
- Cost of Quality focus
- Business approach to Quality Management
- Quality Management Principles
- Prevention to reduce the Cost of Failure
- Typical Prevention and Failure Costs
- Calculating the Cost of Failure
- Cost of Failure in a Transactional Process
- Cost of Prevention and Failure
- Cost of Failure Calculation
- COQ Strategy
- Two-phase strategy and critical success factors.
- COQ Case Study
- Implementing COQ Phase I — Improvement Projects
- Roadmap for change
- First Cut Cost of Quality
- COQ Roadmap — Project and Team Selection, Root Cause Analysis, Problem Solving
- Implementing COQ Phase II — Formal COQ System
- Designing a formal COQ system
- Integrating Quality and Finance
- Business decisions from COQ Data Analysis
- Cost of Quality and Change Management
- Leading change
- Enabling action
- Overcoming resistance to change
- Identifying and Prioritizing opportunities for improvement
- Gaining management attention and support
- Measuring success in improvement
Certification / Credits
- Understand quality management principles.
- Calculate COQ.
- Conduct COQ assessments.
- Identify COQ cost drivers within their organization.
- Develop a COQ strategy.
- Use COQ to drive prevention in their organization.
- Apply COQ to manage improvement projects for their company.
Contact this provider
ASQ - American Society for Quality - Professional Training Courses & Certification
ASQ (American Society for Quality) is an international community of individuals committed to quality who share the ideas and tools that make our world work better. With individual and organizational members around the world, ASQ has the reputation and reach...