Certified Quality Engineer Certification Preparation - 5-day classroom course
This 5 day training program provides participants with a thorough overview of topics such as reliability, acceptance sampling, and quantitative methods covered in the body of knowledge for the ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) exam. The course emphasizes these topics since they are the topics where candidates most commonly fail in the CQE exam.
This is NOT an introductory course and is intended for individuals planning to sit for the Certified Quality Engineer exam. However, the topics are explained in sufficient detail so that people with limited knowledge of the concepts will be able to master them with practice.
Each topic is presented in a practical, easy to follow manner that focusses on the practical application of the tools covered. Participants will be given the opportunity to practice most quantitative tools during class as well as with optional homework exercises. A comprehensive manual, designed for use as an exam reference book, will be provided to each participant. The manual provides a review of the non-quantitative exam topics but covers the quantitative topics in great detail. It includes an appendix that includes all important statistical tables and a removable set of more than 500 sample exam questions (with an answer key) for exam study purposes.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for students planning to take the Certified Quality Engineer exam. The course focusses on the most difficult topics for the exam.
Ideal candidates for this program will include:
- Quality engineers,
- Manufacturing/process engineers,
- Quality managers,
- Quality improvement professionals,
- Anyone preparing to take the CQE exam should attend this training.
*All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 standard to this training course.No prior knowledge of statistics is necessary. However, a solid understanding of basic algebra and the ability to work with algebraic formulas is required. Experience as a quality engineer is required to qualify for the exam.
This 5 day training program covers the following topics:
- Acceptance Sampling
- General Concepts
- Type I (Producer’s) and Type II (Consumer’s) Risk
- Operating Characteristics (OC) Curves
- Overview of Acceptance Sampling Plans
- Reliability and Risk Management
- Terms and Definitions
- Reliability Life Characteristic Concepts
- Design of Systems for Reliability (Series, Parallel-Series, and Series-Parallel Systems)
- Active vs. Passive Redundancy
- Availability and Maintainability
- Failure Rates and the Bathtub Curve
- Methods to Maintain Process and Product Reliability
- Calculation of MTTF and MTBF
- Quantitative Methods
- Concepts of Probability and Statistics
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Properties and Applications of Probability Distributions
- Statistical Decision-Making (Confidence Intervals, Hypothesis Tests, Paired-t Tests, etc.)
- Relationships Between Variables
- Designing Experiments
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Analyzing Process Capability
ASQ members pay $1,599 through 7/21/19.
In addition to scheduled dates, this course can be delivered as an in-company training for your staff. Request information to learn the details.
Certification / Credits
The program will help delegates in mastering the effective use of the tools covered in the quantitative methods, reliability, and acceptance sampling sections of the body of knowledge for the ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) exam.
Contact this provider
ASQ - American Society for Quality - Professional Training Courses & Certification
ASQ (American Society for Quality) is an international community of individuals committed to quality who share the ideas and tools that make our world work better. With individual and organizational members around the world, ASQ has the reputation and reach...