Creating Powerful Presentations
The focus: creating memorable presentations that drive action
Learners use The Five Steps to Writing Audience-Centered Presentations to plan, draft, and edit an on-the-job presentation. After the program, learners will be able to
- write attention-getting PowerPoint® presentations
- use storyboarding to plan a well-crafted presentation
- enhance visual design—use images and graphics in new ways for impact
- create effective handouts
- influence your audience
- analyze the audience to motivate and “sell” the key message using the Focus Sheet
- structure arguments logically and persuasively using the Presenter’s Map tool
- streamline your message
- include only the content that the audience needs for decisions
- learn the 6×6 rule and other editing skills for slides
- eliminate jargon and wordiness
- improve parallelism and passive voice
- apply visibility/readability standards to slides and handouts
- write for results
- position the key message and persuaders strategically
- use the “you” attitude
- end with a call to action
- use a rating tool to evaluate the quality of their presentations.
Blended learning and tools support ongoing development:
- The Instant-Answer Guide to Business Writing by Deborah Dumaine, founder of Better Communications®
- Better Communications’ workbook
- Presentations Focus Sheet™, Presenter’s Map, and storyboarding techniques
- The Strategic Presentations Analysis and Rating Key (SPARK)™
Who should attend?
Anyone who writes or creates presentations for internal or external audiences
Participants will learn how to plan a presentation strategy, generate and assemble content efficiently, create a team or solo presentation with a unified message and stand-alone handouts, decide what information goes on slides or handouts, use planning tools to delegate assignments and how to coach others effectively.
Training Industry Watch List Company
Ariel has more than 25 years of experience in developing powerful and authentic communication skills to drive better performance for leaders and their teams. We are committed to making an impact in your organization and use proven learning techniques to...
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
On-site / Company-specific