Welding Fundamentals IIIAmerican Welding Society
Welding Fundamentals III
All available course dates
Welding Fundamentals III
In this course, participants learn the basic science and practical application of the most commonly utilized brazing and soldering processes. These processes include torch, furnace, dip, and induction brazing, as well as iron, torch, furnace, dip, and wave soldering. Presented in short, easy-to-understand modules, this multimedia course covers the science, equipment, consumables, process variables, safety precautions, and advantages and disadvantages inherent to each process.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to familiarize themselves with the science, terminology, equipment, variables, materials, safety, and applications of brazing and soldering. This course is ideal for students and established welders who want to expand their core competencies. The course is also perfect for salespersons, supervisors, and quality assurance personnel who want to expand their knowledge of these processes in order to excel in the welding industry.
To get the most out of this course, it is helpful to understand the basic principles of welding, including terminology, joint design, electrical characteristics, discontinuities, and safety. These topics are covered in the AWS online course, Welding Fundamentals I.
- Module 1 – Brazing: Introduction
- Module 2 – Brazing: Equipment
- Module 3 – Brazing: Process Variations
- Module 4 – Brazing: Materials 1
- Module 5 – Brazing: Materials 2
- Module 6 – Brazing: Materials 3
- Module 7 – Brazing: Variables
- Module 8 – Brazing: Safety & Advantages/Disadvantages
- Module 9 – Soldering: Introduction
- Module 10 – Soldering: Equipment
- Module 11 – Soldering: Process Variations
- Module 12 – Soldering: Materials 1
- Module 13 – Soldering: Materials 2
- Module 14 – Soldering: Variables
- Module 15 – Soldering: Safety & Advantages/Disadvantages
- Member: $150
- Non-member: $180
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of the course, participants will earn 5 PDHs / 0.5 CEUs.
American Welding Society
The American Welding Society (AWS) strives to make the world a safer place by promulgating welding and joining technology and information. AWS does this by developing technical standards, professional training and certification programs, publications; and enabling networking of professionals in...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team