Welding Fundamentals II
The AWS Welding Fundamentals II Course provides a comprehensive overview of resistance welding, plasma arc welding, electron beam welding, and laser beam welding, cutting, and drilling. Participants will learn about the science, equipment, consumables, process variables, safety precautions, and advantages and disadvantages inherent to each process.
Upcoming start dates
Contact provider for information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to familiarize themselves with the science, terminology, equipment, variables, materials, safety, and applications of resistance welding, plasma arc welding, electron beam welding, and laser beam welding, cutting, and drilling. This course is ideal for students and established welders who want to expand their core competencies. The course is also perfect for salespersons, supervisors, and quality assurance personnel who want to expand their knowledge of these processes in order to excel in the welding industry.
To get the most out of this course, it is helpful to understand the basic principles of welding, including terminology, joint design, electrical characteristics, discontinuities, and safety. These topics are covered in the AWS online course, Welding Fundamentals I.
- Module 1 – Resistance Welding I: History & Science
- Module 2 – Resistance Welding II: Equipment
- Module 3 – Resistance Welding III: Consumables & Materials
- Module 4 – Resistance Welding IV: Variables
- Module 5 – Resistance Welding V: Safety
- Module 6 – Resistance Welding VI: Spot & Projection Welding
- Module 7 – Resistance Welding VII: Seam Welding & Advantages-Disadvantages
- Module 8 – Plasma Arc Welding I: History, Science & Equipment
- Module 9 – Plasma Arc Welding II: Variables & Advantages-Disadvantages
- Module 10 – Electron Beam Welding I: History & Science I
- Module 11 – Electron Beam Welding II: Science II
- Module 12 – Electron Beam Welding III: Equipment I
- Module 13 – Electron Beam Welding IV: Equipment II
- Module 14 – Electron Beam Welding V: Variables & Safety
- Module 15 – Electron Beam Welding VI: Advantages & Disadvantages
- Module 16 – Laser Beam Processes I: History & Science
- Module 17 – Laser Beam Processes II: Equipment, Consumables & Materials
- Module 18 – Laser Beam Processes III: Cutting & Drilling
- Module 19 – Laser Beam Processes IV: Variables
- Module 20 – Laser Beam Processes V: Safety
- Module 21 – Laser Beam Processes VI: Advantages & Disadvantages
- Member: $210
- Non-member: $265
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of the course, participants will earn 7 PDHs / 0.7 CEUs.
Contact this provider
American Welding Society
The American Welding Society (AWS) strives to make the world a safer place by promulgating welding and joining technology and information. AWS does this by developing technical standards, professional training and certification programs, publications; and enabling networking of professionals in...