Welding Fundamentals IAmerican Welding Society
Welding Fundamentals I
All available course dates
Welding Fundamentals I
The AWS Welding Fundamentals Course provides a comprehensive overview of the basic principles of welding. Participants will learn the basic science and practical application of the most commonly utilized welding processes along with other essential topics, including welding terminology, weld design, welding safety, electrical theory, the weldability of metals, and welding quality control. Presented in short, easy-to-understand modules, this multimedia, online course is ideal for both students and professionals who want to expand their core competencies.
Who should attend?
The AWS Welding Fundamentals Course is designed for anyone who wants to familiarize themselves with the science, methodology, terminology, and applications of the most commonly used welding and cutting processes. This course is ideal for students who need to learn the basics and established welders who want to expand their core competencies. The course is also perfect for salespersons, supervisors, and quality assurance personnel who want to expand their knowledge of welding in order to excel in the welding industry.
While comprehensive, the AWS Welding Fundamentals Course was developed specifically with the beginner in mind. Registration is open to anyone with the desire to expand their understanding of welding.
- Module 1 – What is Welding?
- Module 2 – Welding Processes and Weld Types
- Module 3 – Welding Hazards and Environmental Protection
- Module 4 – Managing Hazards and Accident Prevention
- Module 5 – Oxyfuel Welding: Basics of Combustion, Fuel Types, and Flame Characteristics
- Module 6 – Oxyfuel Welding: Advantages, Disadvantages, and Equipment
- Module 7 – The Science of Arc Welding: Basics of Electricity
- Module 8 – The Science of Arc Welding: Electrical Polarity and Arc Welding Equipment
- Module 9 – Shielded Metal Arc Welding: Process Characteristics and Electrodes
- Module 10 – Shielded Metal Arc Welding: Operations, Equipment, and Process Variables
- Module 11 – Gas Tungsten Arc Welding: Principles, Operations, and Equipment
- Module 12 – Gas Tungsten Arc Welding: Shielding Gases, and Process Variables
- Module 13 – Gas Metal Arc Welding: Principles, Equipment, and Metal Transfer Modes
- Module 14 – Gas Metal Arc Welding: Consumables, Shielding Gases, Equipment, and Process Variables
- Module 15 – Flux Cored Arc Welding: Principles, Equipment, and Consumables
- Module 16 – Flux Cored Arc Welding: Shielding Gases, Equipment, and Process Variables
- Module 17 – Submerged Arc Welding: Principles, Equipment, and Materials
- Module 18 – Submerged Arc Welding: Electrodes, Flux, Equipment, and Process Variables
- Module 19 – Basics of Welding Metallurgy: Atomic Structures and Properties of Metals
- Module 20 – Basics of Welding Metallurgy: States of Matter, Alloys, and Heat Affected Zones
- Module 21 – Welding Discontinuities and Their Causes: Process, Metallurgical, and Base Metal Discontinuities
- Module 22 – Welding Discontinuities and Their Causes: Structural Discontinuities
- Module 23 – Oxyfuel Cutting Basics and Equipment
- Module 24 – Oxyfuel Cutting Flame Types, Gas Types, and Cutting Variables
- Module 25 – Oxyfuel Cutting Quality Limitations and Safety
- Module 26 – Carbon Arc Cutting Basics and Equipment
- Module 27 – Carbon Arc Cutting Operating Procedures & Safety
- Module 28 – Plasma Arc Cutting Basics and Equipment
- Module 29 – Plasma Arc Cutting Variables, Metallurgical Effects, Secondary Functions, and Safety
- Member: $350
- Non-member: $470
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of the course, participants will earn 14 PDHs / 1.4 CEUs.
American Welding Society
The American Welding Society (AWS) strives to make the world a safer place by promulgating welding and joining technology and information. AWS does this by developing technical standards, professional training and certification programs, publications; and enabling networking of professionals in...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team