Fabrication Math IAmerican Welding Society
Fabrication Math I
All available course dates
Fabrication Math I
The AWS Fabrication Math I course provides a comprehensive introduction to basic math skills. The engaging, multimedia, format offers clear, step-by-step verbal and visual explanations that make each mathematical concept easy to understand and remember. Topics include place value, simplification, estimation, measurement and the addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, fractions, decimals and mixed numbers.
This self-paced, online course is ideal for both beginners and welding professionals who want to learn or refamiliarize themselves with the basic principles behind many of the measurements and calculations used in the welding industry.
Who should attend?
The Fabrication Math I course is ideal for any welding student or welding professional that needs to learn or review basic math skills and how they apply to various aspects of welding from measuring materials for cutting and assembling to ordering materials in an economical and efficient manner.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Whole Numbers
- Module 2 – Addition of Whole Numbers
- Module 3 – Subtraction of Whole Numbers
- Module 4 – Multiplication of Whole Numbers
- Module 5 – Division of Whole numbers
- Module 6 – Introduction to Fractions: Identifying and Simplifying Fractions
- Module 7 – Introduction to Fractions: Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
- Module 8 – Addition of Fractions: Adding Like and Unlike Denominators
- Module 9 – Addition of Fractions: Adding Unlike Denominators and Mixed Numbers
- Module 10 – Subtraction of Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Module 11 – Multiplication of Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Module 12 – Division of Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Module 13 – Introduction to Decimal Numbers
- Module 14 – Addition of Decimal Numbers
- Module 15 – Subtraction of Decimal Numbers
- Module 16 – Multiplication of Decimal Numbers
- Module 17 – Division of Decimal Numbers
- Module 18 – Conversion of Decimal Numbers and Fractions
- Member: $385
- Non-member: $510
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of the courses, participants will earn 18 PDHs / 1.8 CEUs.
American Welding Society
The American Welding Society (AWS) strives to make the world a safer place by promulgating welding and joining technology and information. AWS does this by developing technical standards, professional training and certification programs, publications; and enabling networking of professionals in...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team