Strategic PlanningAMA - American Management Association
Develop the best strategic planning process to support your company’s goals.
This course is designed to combine proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas from a wide range of current strategic thinking. Gain a wider perspective of the strategic planning process through breakout sessions, exercises and case applications. Bring your strategic dilemmas to this program and get direction on analytical and organizational approaches.
How You Will Benefit
- Identify strategic planning issues in order to develop a unique competitive advantage
- Learn key analytical and conceptual approaches to expand your understanding of the marketplace
- Align your organization with your strategic planning goals by integrating strategy, objectives, metrics and performance
- Identify evolving strategic patterns and generate ideas on how they can be applied to your organization
- Incorporate customer needs into your strategic planning
- Use a case study to examine the strategic planning process
- Recognize how the actions of customers, competitors and your own company determine the outcomes in your markets
- Determine the best approach to effectively implement your strategic planning
Who should attend?
Executives, division leaders, and other senior managers involved in the formation and implementation of strategic planning.
This training course will cover:
Strategic Planning Overview
- Identifying the questions that strategic planning must address
- Identifying the analyses typically incorporated in strategic planning
- Organizing a structured strategic planning process
The Strategic Foundation
- Differentiating between a strategic mission and vision
- Examining core values and their role in strategic planning
- Developing a strategic mission, vision and unique value statement for your unit
Assessing the External Environment
- Identifying the macro and market trends that are affecting your organization, your customers, and what that means for your specific unit’s strategy
- Determining your organization’s performance profile
- Conducting a competitor assessment
Assessing the Internal Environment
- Understanding the concept of core competencies
- Conducting a VRIO Analysis for identifying competencies that provide sustainable competitive advantage
- Applying an internal assessment to your organization
Making Strategic Decisions
- Conducting a SWOT analysis for your unit
- Using a SWOT analysis to choose your strategic imperatives
- Understanding the potential value of scenario planning
Building Your Strategic Plan
- Identifying key elements of a good strategic plan
- Developing your own strategic plan
- Crafting an executive summary
Communicating and Executing Your Strategic Plan
- Building commitment throughout the execution process
- Translating strategic imperatives into goals and actions for your unit
- Identifying ways to align the organization toward a single purpose
The course is priced as follows: $2645 - Non-members
$2395 - AMA members
$2268 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team