Leading in a Diverse and Inclusive CultureAMA - American Management Association
Leading in a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Maximize individual, team, and organizational potential through Diversity and Inclusion (D&I).
A diverse team with unique individual perspectives can deliver exceptional results. Having such a team calls for a leader with an arsenal of inclusive leadership practices and keen self-awareness.
This course gives you deeper insights into yourself, your team, and the benefits of inclusion at all levels in your organization. Through self-assessments, case studies, and proven hands-on activities, you’ll develop competencies and get tools to create an environment fueled by engagement and innovation. In addition, you’ll learn to apply a roadmap that ensures that all are heard, recognized, and appreciated—so productivity can soar.
How You Will Benefit
- Recognize the issues and value of D&I at the personal, team, and organizational levels
- Become a more inclusive leader by recognizing strengths and growth opportunities for yourself and for others
- Communicate effectively and inclusively in a diverse environment
- Articulate how operating from biases impacts innovation, productivity, and engagement
- Analyze diversity and cultural competencies in the context of talent management
- Harness the power of differences to boost team performance and collaboration
- Manage disagreements, misunderstandings, and conflict
Who should attend?
Managers and leaders who want to promote and lead an increasingly diverse workforce and client base and promote an inclusive environment; diversity and inclusion leaders; learning and development professionals.
This training course will cover:
- Introduction to diversity and inclusion
- How culture impacts our perceptions, beliefs, behaviors, and responses
- Bridging communication differences
- Applying cross-cultural communication and messaging skills that move people to commitment and action
- Recognizing and responding effectively and appropriately to diversity and inclusion dynamics
- Knowing how to be an actively inclusive leader
- Understanding the primary source of unconscious bias, micro inequities, and micro advantages
- Conducting dialogues about unconscious bias with peers, managers, and subordinates to improve communication, services to clients, and team collaboration
- Leading a successful multicultural team and inclusive meetings
- Dialogue: having difficult conversations
- Practicing facilitating and engaging in successful difficult conversations
- Developing your vision and plan for an inclusive workplace and teams
The course is priced as follows: $2345 - Non-members
$2095 - AMA members
$1795 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team