Leadership Strategies for Creating a Respectful WorkplaceAMA - American Management Association
Leadership Strategies for Creating a Respectful Workplace
Build and support a more positive and productive workplace climate.
A workplace where employees treat one another with civility and respect is far more likely to function at optimum levels of productivity. Unfortunately, the rise of disrespectful behaviors in business seems to be at epidemic levels, and the result is a steady erosion in morale and productivity. This seminar provides strategies for leaders and managers to recognize and handle offensive, disrespectful and inappropriate behaviors. It also explores how to improve productivity by modeling better behavior and fostering a culture of civility and mutual respect.
How You Will Benefit
- Reduce the likelihood that smaller issues will escalate into larger confrontations
- Use appropriate tools to deal with rudeness, incivility and harassment
- Be better equipped to coach staff to deal with offenders
- Enhance project success through improvements in workflow
- Help reduce time away from work, worker’s compensation claims and health insurance costs
- Be prepared for possible Healthy Workplace legislation
Who should attend?
Senior managers, directors, vice presidents, division heads, managers, human resource professionals, OD personnel and others in positions of leadership.
This training course will cover:
- Creating a working definition of workplace disrespect and incivility
- Tools for calculating the true costs of a disrespectful climate to teams and the organization
- Assessing a manager’s own actions and how they influence certain behaviors
- Coaching employees to deal successfully with disrespectful situations before issues escalate
- Identifying key actions successful companies use to create respectful workplaces
- Applying strategies and overcoming obstacles to build a positive, respectful climate
The course is priced as follows: $2345 - Non-members
$2095 - AMA members
$1984 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team