Leadership Skills for SupervisorsAMA - American Management Association
Leadership Skills for Supervisors
Get the skills that propel you to the next level of success.
You will explore how to maintain technical expertise while demonstrating the right type of supervisory leadership. This seminar will give you the personal, interpersonal and group skills to be influential in one-on-one situations, facilitate group performance and become an effective leader.
How You Will Benefit
- Develop interpersonal skills that help you communicate, listen and handle conflicts in your supervisory role
- Become more effective at influencing others
- Accomplish goals and control outcomes when dealing with staff, peers, management and other departments
- Learn how to work with groups and teams to solve problems and accomplish projects
- Hold performance discussions that result in changed behavior and enhanced productivity
- Analyze your own style of behavior and recognize your strengths/weaknesses
Who should attend?
Supervisors who attend this seminar will receive the supervisor training necessary to develop the individual, group and one-on-one leadership skills to keep up with evolving management roles and responsibilities.
This training course will cover:
- How to empower yourself and your staff
- What leadership is from the supervisor’s point of view
- How to build credibility and trust
- Analyzing effective listening processes and skills
- Learning participative leader skills and techniques
- The three steps of the continuous performance appraisal process
- Coaching, mentoring and how to give constructive feedback
- Decision-making tools for effective leadership
- How to apply problem solving techniques to solve actual problems
- Teams vs. work groups: learning to lead and build personal effectiveness
The course is priced as follows: $2445 - Non-members
$2195 - AMA members
$2079 - GSA price
About AMA - American Management Association
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team