Improving Your Project Management Skills: The Basics for SuccessAMA - American Management Association
Improving Your Project Management Skills: The Basics for Success
With this Live Online workshop, you can build a solid foundation of project management knowledge that covers the entire project lifecycle.
As you explore every aspect of managing projects, you’ll learn and practice the latest tools and techniques necessary for project management success. This course is specifically designed to focus on the practical application of project management concepts.
While aligned with the Project Management Institute's (PMI) framework, this course is specifically designed to focus on the practical application of concepts. You'll return to work with the knowledge and tools you need to get your projects started right and completed successfully.
How You Will Benefit
- Ensure that your projects are set-up for success from the start
- Learn the basics for effectively gathering and documenting requirements
- Understand the role of the project manager, business analyst, and others in managing projects
- Develop an integrated project plan including realistic scope, schedules, budgets, and risks—and turn that plan into successful action
- Learn how to effectively track and report on project progress
- Gain the respect of your project team and build credibility with top management
Who should attend?
Individuals who are new to project management, “accidental” project managers (professionals for whom PM is a secondary part of their jobs), business analysts, subject-matter experts from any field who contribute to projects, managers responsible for projects and experienced project managers looking to review current tools, techniques, and processes.
This training course will cover:
An Overview of Key Project Management Concept
Discussion of key concepts, terminology, and roles, including:
- The project triangle
- The definition of the "project"
- The five core PM process groups
Initiating the Project
- Creating a project charter and tying it to the business case
- Gathering and documenting requirements
- Setting customer, sponsor, and team member expectations
Identifying the Work
- Creating the work breakdown structure (WBS) based on the charter and product requirments
- Assigning ownership to tasks
Estimating the Work
- Discussing industry best practices for creating realistic estimates
Scheduling the Work
- Creating precedence (network logic) diagrams to show task dependencies
- Producing Gantt charts to graph project timelines
- Determining the critical path and calculating float
Creating the Budget
- Estimating and tracking personnel and (out of pocket) expenses
The course is priced as follows: $2445 - Non-members
$2195 - AMA members
$2079 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
Average rating 4.7Based on 1154 reviews
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team