How to Manage Time, Meetings and StressAMA - American Management Association
Like most of us you probably face unproductive and unnecessary meetings, a mountain of work on your desk and a never ending wave of voicemails and emails.
Welcome to the daily life of a manager. It's a balancing act, where managing yourself, your time and how you react to events outside your control are critical to your success. And when things get out of control, it leads to the stress and feeling of panic that can keep you up at night and make your days miserable.
This program shows you how to take control. You’ll gain specific methods to run effective meetings. Acquire the skills to get the best results in the least amount of time. Create the feeling of accomplishment. Plus, juggle priorities with ease and make headway on your top priority projects.
NOTE: A headset with microphone is required to attend and participate in this program. For more information, view the FAQ page.
How you will benefit:
During this course, you’ll learn specific methods and tactics showing how to:
- Organize and prioritize your activities/tasks using a powerful “Priority Matrix” tool to manage your time more effectively
- Effectively say “no” to requests that do not relate to your priorities
- Use strategies that cut down on unproductive telephone tag
- Understand the role that others play in completing your tasks and take them into account in your planning
- Reduce frequent interruptions from those who look to you for guidance and support
- Identify and eliminate unproductive or too many meetings
- Quickly assess and take control of your e-mail inbox
- Avoid “reverse delegation” that puts more work back on your desk
- Take charge of runaway meetings and manage the dysfunctional participants that make them drag on and on
- Get you past stressful moments and deal with the challenges that cause you the most stress
This training course will cover:
The course is priced as follows: $279 - Non-members
$249 - AMA members
$236 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team