Handling Difficult Conversations at Work
Do You Want to Be a Bad Boss?
Yeah, me too! And guess what, I AM! Now, for the first time ever, I'm sharing my easy step-by-step approach to alienating, infuriating and demoralizing the people you lead!
Join me, Gil Kaggis, as I share the secrets to my success in this tell-all AMA webinar!
This high-energy session explores the real-world business challenges of bad leadership through the lenses of two experts: Gil Kaggis, a fictional business guru and a self-taught leadership expert (played by Bob Kulhan) and Bob Kulhan, a Chicago-trained elite improv veteran, Adjunct Professor at Duke Fuqua, Author of Getting to ""Yes And"": The Art of Business Improv, and Founder and CEO of Business Improv® (also played by Bob Kulhan).
Bob will demonstrate the tenets of improvisation and how they can be used to improve communication in an incredibly entertaining and thought-provoking way.
You'll discover how Business Improv® techniques strengthen a skill set directly related to team communication, collaboration, building trust, influence, alignment, conflict management, and creating a culture of acceptance.
Bob's secret recipe combines the psychology behind decision-making with the very best aspects of Business Improv's customized, high-energy, experiential learning, which drives measurable and sustainable results.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to prepare for and carry out a difficult conversation
- Know how to use improv techniques to create an effective dialogue in a challenging situation
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
For 90 minutes, you’ll discover the good, the bad, and the ugly approaches to communicating with your employees, including:
From Gil: Difficult Conversations
- How to blindside people and make any conversation feel like an attack
- The “art of the steamroll” – how to shut people down, alienate and/or otherwise ignore them in difficult conversations
- Nonverbal communication tactics to demonstrate judgment
- Fear – it’s better to be feared than get caught wearing someone else’s underwear
- Rigidity – the most powerful tool in any difficult conversation
- How to suffocate ideas, smother morale and suppress intrinsic motivation in others
From Bob: Difficult Conversations
- How to successfully engage in difficult conversations
- How to manage challenging conversations with success
- Meaningful and healthy debate – ways to disagree without being disagreeable
- Joint problem-solving solutions – communication & collaboration
- How to postpone judgment to integrate ideas quickly while balancing reactions thoughtfully
- So, if you feel anxiety when having the tough talks with your staff, join us to learn a powerful approach that turns stressful conversations into positive results.
Course price for:
- Non Members: $199.00
- AMA Members: $199.00
- GSA: $199.00
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...