Fundamentals of Cost AccountingAMA - American Management Association
Fundamentals of Cost Accounting
Get inventory costs right.
Manufacturers have a multitude of costs that must be included in inventory and cost of goods sold: material, labor, direct variable costs, indirect variable costs and fixed costs. You will learn how to properly identify these costs. Using multiple case studies, this seminar will provide you with detailed information on the various techniques companies have devised to apply all these costs to inventory. Doing so ensures that inventory and cost of goods sold are properly valued for both internal and external users. This seminar provides you with the information you need in deciding how to value inventory and cost of goods sold in your company.
How You Will Benefit
- Classify all inventory costs
- Create an inventory direct costing system
- Identify fixed manufacturing costs
- Apply fixed manufacturing costs to inventory
- Create a standard costing system and calculate variances
- Create an Activity Based Costing (ABC) system
- Use cost-volume-profit analysis to determine break-even points and margins of safety
- Use relevant costing models for production decisions
Who should attend?
Accountants, accounting managers, cost accountants, cost analysts, budget analysts, systems analysts, auditors and financial planners.
This training course will cover:
- Job costing procedures
- Process costing procedures
- Absorption costing techniques
- Equivalent units of production calculations
- Direct costing techniques
- Standard costing techniques
- ABC costing techniques
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Relevant costing techniques for future production decisions
The course is priced as follows: $2345 - Non-members
$2095 - AMA members
$1984 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team