Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Essentials of Project Management for the Non-Project ManagerAMA - American Management Association
Essentials of Project Management for the Non-Project Manager
Does your staff have the basic PM know-how to support project success? Learn and apply basic elements of PM to your job to support project success.
In just four Live Online lessons, this seminar will help you develop an understanding of essential project management terminology and apply basic tools and techniques to increase your effectiveness—both on your team and in your own functional area.
The lessons are designed for individuals with little or no prior knowledge of project management who serve on project management teams—or those who simply want to know more about PM or are making the transition to project management.
How You Will Benefit
- Know the purpose and process of project management
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and needs of project team members
- Identify and apply critical project management tools
- Identify stakeholders, their relationships to each other and how these relationships affect projects
- Recognize stakeholder issues within the organization
- Identify and apply critical communication tools and protocols
Who should attend?
Those who are involved in projects but do not manage them, such as subject matter experts, team members, project sponsors, contributors, facilitators and coordinators.
This training course will cover:
- Key project management terms
- Five groups of the project management process
- Estimating project activity accurately
- Identifying and aligning the project stakeholders
- Evaluating the project charter
- Validating project requirements against the SMART Tool
- Understanding and creating the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
The course is priced as follows: $2095 - Non-members
$1895 - AMA members
$1795 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team