Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Essentials of Project Management for the Non-Project ManagerAMA - American Management Association
Essentials of Project Management for the Non-Project Manager - a 4-day classroom seminar by AMA
To work together effectively on any project, everyone on the team needs to use a common language and have a clear understanding of all expectations. This unique seminar is designed for individuals with little or no prior knowledge of project management who serve on project management teams, those who simply want to know more about PM or those who are making the transition to project management. In just two days, you’ll develop an understanding of essential terminology and apply basic PM tools and techniques to increase your effectiveness both on the team and in your own functional area.
How you will benefit:
- Know the purpose and process of project management
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and needs of project team members
- Identify and apply critical project management tools
- Identify stakeholders, their relationships to each other and how these relationships affect projects
- Recognize stakeholder issues within the organization
- Identify and apply critical communication tools and protocols
Who should attend?
Those who are involved in projects but do not manage them, such as subject matter experts, team members, project sponsors, contributors, facilitators and coordinators.
This training course will cover:
- Key project management terms
- Five groups of the project management process
- Estimating project activity accurately
- Identifying and aligning the project stakeholders
- Evaluating the project charter
- Validating project requirements against the SMART Tool
- Understanding and creating the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
The course is priced as follows: $2095 - Non-members
$1895 - AMA members
$1795 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team