Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
AMA's Comprehensive Project Management WorkshopAMA - American Management Association
AMA's Comprehensive Project Management Workshop
Plan. Execute. And monitor your projectsDelays, cost overruns, or quality problems can wreck your project. Keep it on course with this 5-day overview of project management.
Aligned with PMI’s PMBOK®, this project management workshop helps you master the entire PM process. You’ll earn 35 professional development units (PDUs) pre-approved by PMI, and you’ll gain skills and in-depth knowledge that prepare you for the next level: the Project Management Professional certification.
You Will Learn How To:
- Manage projects with confidence
- Avoid dangerous shortcuts and omissions
- Monitor risks and correct trouble spots
- Put together a solid team and effective documentation
- Pave the way for achieving PMP® status
Who should attend?
Project managers, program managers, and project team leaders who have several years of experience initiating, planning and managing projects, and project team members who are interested in enhancing their career by preparing to become a certified PMP.
Prerequisite: This course requires you to have basic knowledge and experience in project management. AMA recommends attending Improving Your Project Management Skills: The Basics for Success (Seminar #6503) or its equivalent before enrolling in this seminar.
This training course will cover:
Examining the Project Management Framework
- Exploring characteristics of projects
- Reviewing project management terminology
- Considering environmental influences
Reviewing the Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Describing the project management process groups
- The project management knowledge areas
- Project management competency standards
Initiating the Project
- Using project selection methods
- Defining project scope
- Documenting project risks, assumptions and constraints
- Identifying and performing stakeholder analysis
- Evaluating the project charter
Planning the Project
- Defining and recording requirements, constraints and assumptions
- Identifying project team members and defining roles and responsibilities
- Creating the work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Developing the change management plan
- Identifying risks and defining risk strategies
- Obtaining plan approval
- Conducting the kickoff meeting
Executing the Project Plan
- Executing the tasks defined in the project plan
- Ensuring a common understanding and setting expectations
- Implementing a quality management plan
- Executing approved changes, actions and workarounds
- Improving team performance
Monitoring and Controlling the Project
- Measuring project performance
- Verifying and managing changes to the project
- Ensuring that project deliverables conform to quality standards
- Monitoring all project risks
Closing the Project
- Obtaining final acceptance for the project
- Getting financial, legal and administrative closure
- Releasing project resources
- Creating and distributing a final project report
- Archiving and retaining project records
- Measuring customer satisfaction
The course is priced as follows: $3095 - Non-members
$2795 - AMA members
$2647 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team