Securing and Auditing Virtualized Environments
This course focuses on ESX and Hyper-V security, it examines virtualization basics, hardware considerations, ways to secure servers, access to the management console, logging and other configuration issues that ensure stability and security.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for dates and prices
Who should attend?
Information Security Managers, Analysts, and Administrators; IT Managers, Architects, and Developers/Integrators; IT Auditors; Network and System Administrators; Security Architects and Engineers; Application Certification/Quality Assurance Specialists; Consultants; Compliance Officers; Project Managers
A working knowledge of operating system security, networking concepts, and associated logical access controls, Network Security Essentials (ASG203), Intermediate Audit School (ITG241) or equivalent experience
1. Virtualization Basics:
- what is server virtualization?
- advantages and disadvantages of server virtualization
- hardware considerations
- backup strategies
- potential hypervistor attacks
- ESX and Hyper-V
2. vSphere/ESXi Basics:
- ESXi Basics
- ESXi Versions
- ESXi OS Support
- ESXi Hardware Considerations
- ESXi Backup
- Hardening ESXi
- vCenter Security
3. Hyper-V Basics:
- Hyper-V Basics
- Hyper-V Versions
- Hyper-V Guest OS Support
- Hyper-V Host Hardware Considerations
- Hyper-V Clustering
- Hyper-V Hardening
4. Virtualization and Disaster Recovery:
- benefits of incorporating virtualization into your disaster recovery plan.
- physical versus virtual server recovery times.
- hyperconvergence and disaster recovery
- architecting your production environment to simplify disaster recovery
- Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- testing your disaster recovery plan
5. Developing an Audit Program for ESX:
- auditing host hardware
- auditing the host configuration
- auditing virtual host management computers
- auditing the UPS configuration.
- auditing the backup.
- auditing the physical to virtual migrations
- auditing clusters
- auditing virtual servers
6. ESX Case Study
Course delivery details
Bring this course to your organization at your convenience. ACI Learning can deliver this instructor-led course for your team at a chosen location or virtually. Alternatively, choose the topic(s) you need and ACI will craft a training solution to keep your team future-proof.
Certification / Credits
NASBA Certified CPE: 40 Credits Auditing
IT Audit Certificate, Information Security Certificate
What You'll Learn
You will learn about virtualization configuration and hardware considerations, different versions and best practices for ESX and Hyper-V security, and how to audit them effectively.
Average rating 4.7
Lots of real life examples. The demos helped put the lecture in perspective.
Course exceeded my expectations. Instructor was very knowledgeable and engaging. One of the better courses I've attended.
Great session full of real-life examples and not only specific details but conceptual understanding.
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...