Network Security Essentials
In this intensive three-day seminar, attendees will review learn the basic operating characteristics, threats, vulnerabilities and risks associated with modern LANs, WANs, intranets, extranets client/server and peer-to-peer networks, and other forms of networking and distributed computing architectures, including cloud-technologies. We will survey best practices for securing and auditing network applications, interconnection devices, and remote access and perimeter security services. We will also map and organize the use of built-in and add-on tools to security policy and audit requirements to determine the essential topics that must be addressed in compliance and risk management, security administration standards and procedures and audit programs. The anatomy of several recent celebrated attacks and the security failures which led to them will be discussed. You will receive security and audit checklists at the end of each control-related section.
Who should attend?
Information security professionals or IT auditors working with networks.
IT Auditing and Controls (ITG101), IT Audit School (ITG121) or equivalent experience
- Defining the Distributed Information Technology Environment
- Developing a Reference Framework for Network Security and Audit: Network Standards and Protocols
- Demystifying Network Media Access Technologies
- Network Interconnection Devices: Functionality, Management and Security
- Identifying and Managing Network Host Services Security
- Address Management and Directory Services Security
- Effective Network Perimeter Security Strategies
- Wrap-up: Performing a Network Security Risk Analysis
Certification / Credits
Completion of this course is worth 24 CPE Credits
Average rating 5
Great training with a lot of good, practical takeaways that I will be able to apply. The instructor was great—very knowledgeable of the topic and entertaining.
The instructor was very engaging and knowledgeable. He asked questions to challenge us to think and help us understand the materials by providing real life examples! Love the in...
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...