Introduction to Information Security for Auditors
This course is designed to give those new to information security auditing a basic understanding of information security key concepts, players, and components. Participants will learn how the information security function aligns with the organizations business and strategic objectives. Additionally, the course will highlight methods to provide assurance in the information security space and the critical importance of communication. This course will provide the foundational knowledge auditors need to perform information security governance audits and perform basic assessments of information security operations.
- Recognize the components of information security within an organization.
- Identify the basic areas of information security management.
- Discover an appreciation of key areas of information security that will prepare you to be able to dive deeper into the technical side of information security.
- Discover the skills and knowledge needed to provide assurance in the information security space.
- Identify what effective communication looks like in the information security space from the boardroom to the internal audit department.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for dates and prices
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Professionals across all businesses and sectors with 0-4 years of experience who need to know more about Information Security; Financial, Operational, Business Application Internal and External Auditors and Risk Managers.
This course is geared to individuals with a little or no general familiarity and working knowledge of information security issues. An understanding of technology and other forms of information risk management and security would be useful but are not essential. Members of IT Audit, Information Security, Quality Assurance, and/or Information Technology disciplines would find the course a useful refresher or conduit for furthering their interest in the subject.
- The Security Umbrella Overview Security, Risk Management, and Asset Security
- Information Security Management Basics Key Elements of Information Security Management
- Threats and Vulnerabilities Security Incident Management
- Information Security Policy Standards, Guidelines, and Procedures
- Information Security Risk Management Introduction to IT Risk Management
- Assurance Assurance Basics: Controls and Countermeasures
- Security Considerations User and Software Support
- Cryptography Uses of Cryptography
- Communication Board
Course delivery details
This course is available through AuditProTV — a subscription-based, on-demand learning platform. As a subscriber, you will have access to an &'all you can watch' library of courses that are built in alignment with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) standards.
Bring this course to your organization at your convenience. ACI Learning can deliver this instructor-led course for your team at a chosen location or virtually. Alternatively, choose the topic(s) you need and ACI will craft a training solution to keep your team future-proof.
Certification / Credits
NASBA Certified CPE: 24 Credits Auditing
Information Security Certificate
What You'll learn
You will learn about information security governance, key concepts, common attack methods, monitoring security of third parties, incidence response, and ways to secure the network architecture including tools, products, and best practices.
Average rating 4.3
For the time allotment, the content should be shorter, non duplicative in some areas.
The teacher was very knowledgeable. My only recommendation would be that so much time wouldn't be spent on stories. There were times I felt like I learned more about her exp...
The instructor was great and used a lot of real-world examples.
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...