Cybersecurity Audit School
Organizations needs to establish robust cybersecurity programs to: 1. Address risks to organizational infrastructure and data from cyberattacks through effective control design, establishment of protection measures, identification of warning signs, and investigative techniques. 2. Establish compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements. Today’s auditor needs to know more than just the terms and concepts regarding cybersecurity. They need to understand what controls are needed, why they’re important, where the controls should be positioned, and how to perform substantive tests to assess the controls reasonable effectiveness specifically related to cybersecurity. In this class, will explore cybersecurity through a series of lecture segments and related scenarios based on actual events designed to reinforce the attendee’s knowledge of effective control design, execution, warning signs and investigative techniques. By the end of the session attendees will be armed with additional knowledge of how to implement and assess controls and how, as auditors, they can be a valued player in their organizations “Cyber Defense Team”
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for dates and prices
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Auditors and IT professionals seeking a foundational understanding of Cybersecurity.
- Fundamentals of Internal Audit (OAG101)
- IT Audit School (ITG121) or equivalent experience
- Cybersecurity Overview
- Asset Management
- Cybersecurity Protection Techniques
- Encryption, Digital Signatures, and Data Protection
- Event Detection, Incident Response, and Recovery
- Auditing Cybersecurity
- Audit Evidence and Reporting
- Course Wrap-Up
Course delivery details
This course is available through AuditProTV — a subscription-based, on-demand learning platform. As a subscriber, you will have access to an &'all you can watch' library of courses that are built in alignment with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) standards.
Bring this course to your organization at your convenience. ACI Learning can deliver this instructor-led course for your team at a chosen location or virtually. Alternatively, choose the topic(s) you need and ACI will craft a training solution to keep your team future-proof.
Certification / Credits
NASBA Certified CPE: 32 Credits Auditing
Information Security Certificate
What You'll learn
You will learn what controls are needed, where the controls should be positioned and how to perform substantive tests to assess the cybersecurity controls.
- Understand security fundamentals, including core security principles, critical security controls, and best practices for securing information technologies, operations, and data.
- Assess common cybersecurity risks, threats, and vulnerabilities in the management of cybersecurity and IT audit programs. Assess common cybersecurity risks, threats, and vulnerabilities in the management of cybersecurity and IT audit programs.
- Evaluate an organization's technical, operational, and management infrastructure against common security principles and compliance controls
Average rating 4.6
Jason was a great presenter and had a lot of relevant insight that tied in with the materials.
Jason did a great job of considering the participants and their industries, and tailoring the training to our organizations and responsibilities.
I don't have much IT background. After taking this class, I have enhanced my IT knowledge and learned many new frameworks about cyber security.
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...