Better, Faster, Cheaper: Streamlining Your Internal Audit
This course focuses on ways to ensure that the time spent on your audits is used effectively and efficiently to achieve optimal results. It covers the reasons audits fail, the common an avoidable traps that result in audits overrunning their budgets, delivering late and not answering the key audit questions. It shows you how to focus the audit and avoid surprises, and how to use the tools and methods to identify high-risk areas.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for dates and prices
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Financial, Operational, and Information Technology Auditors; Experienced Auditors who want to improve their audit product.
- Fundamentals of Internal Auditing - OAG101
- Advanced Auditing for In-Charge Auditors - OAG201
Defining a Successful Audit:
- identifying the characteristics that define a successful audit
- key aspect of success
- identifying the factors that inhibit success
- addressing controllable and non-controllable obstacles
The Elements of a Successful Audit:
- first steps – understanding why you are there
- role of the audit team
- elements of the audit process that guarantee success
- the facilitators of the audit that make it work
Effectively Planning the Audit:
- why traditional audit planning doesn't always lead to success.
- effective and successful elements of planning
- levels of planning and responsibilities to plan
- planning resources
- planning at the macro and micro level
Developing the Objective and Scope:
- understanding the reasons for the audit
- why are your there
- answering the “why” question
- recognizing how time frames can impact achieving your goals
- scope creep
- why this is the most important part of the audit
- biases and their impact
- working with difficult personalities
What You Need to Know:
- how much is too much and how much is not enough
- professional skepticism
- rules of evidence
- identifying potential problem areas
- knowns and unknowns
Identifying and Addressing Significant Risk:
- understanding risk
- some less obvious ways of identifying risk
Evaluating the Adequacy of the Control Structure:
- controls and risk
- using COSO in your audit
Focusing the Audit:
- effectively focusing audit resources to your mission
- answering key questions: why are we here and what are we expected to do?
- understanding the audit objective and scope
- establishing time frames
Tools to Insure Your Staff Are Effectively Utilized:
- assessment of staff talents
- assignment of responsibilities
- oversight and supervision
Efficiencies and Time Wasters:
- managing administrative time
- effective use of meeting time
- ideas to maximize available time
Managing the Audit:
- day- by- day
Preliminary Findings and Reports:
- purpose and usefulness
- facilitating the writing process
- delivering an on-time product
Course delivery details
This course is available through AuditProTV — a subscription-based, on-demand learning platform. As a subscriber, you will have access to an &'all you can watch' library of courses that are built in alignment with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) standards.
Bring this course to your organization at your convenience. ACI Learning can deliver this instructor-led course for your team at a chosen location or virtually. Alternatively, choose the topic(s) you need and ACI will craft a training solution to keep your team future-proof.
Certification / Credits
NASBA Certified CPE: 24 Credits Auditing
Internal Audit Certificate
What You'll learn
You will learn the process and steps necessary to ensure that the time spent on your audits is used effectively and efficiently to achieve optimal results.
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...