Auditing for In-charge Auditors
This course focuses on how in-charge auditors lead audits. Learners will review audit program development and changes, risk assessments, setting priorities, managing expectations, delegation, managing staff performance and overall productivity, reviewing workpapers, incorporating fraud detection techniques in one's audit programs, and stakeholder management. The focus is on managing the dynamics of an audit and applying project management principles to increase the effectiveness of the engagement.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for dates and prices
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Financial, Operational, Information Technology and External Auditors with two or more years of audit experience
Fundamentals of Internal Auditing (OAG101) or equivalent experience
- Control Environment
- Audit Process
- Fieldwork and Program Development
- Risk Assessment Strategies
- Fraud Awareness
- Marketing Internal Audit
- Audit Project Management
Course delivery details
This course is available through AuditProTV — a subscription-based, on-demand learning platform. As a subscriber, you will have access to an &'all you can watch' library of courses that are built in alignment with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) standards.
Bring this course to your organization at your convenience. ACI Learning can deliver this instructor-led course for your team at a chosen location or virtually. Alternatively, choose the topic(s) you need and ACI will craft a training solution to keep your team future-proof.
Certification / Credits
NASBA Certified CPE: 24 Credits Auditing
Internal Audit Certificate
What You'll learn
You will learn how to perform your duties as the in-charge so you can lead and manage the project and the team, set and manage expectations, communicate more effectively within and outside your department, and guide your team to success.
- The learner will gain a foundational understanding of management and leadership concepts as they relate to acting as the in-charge (supervisor) of an audit team.
- The learner will identify, define, and appreciate how to apply project management concepts and practices to the internal audit process.
- The learner will demonstrate how to review the work performed by the audit team.
- The learner will understand how fraud and various risks can be incorporated into the audit program and tested.
- The learner will gain familiarity with productivity measures and how to manage stakeholder relationships.
Average rating 4.4
I enjoyed the course. The size was perfect because it allowed for all of us to share our experiences and really get to know each other.
Kathleen did a great job adjusting her delivery method to what the class wanted. A lot of us wanted to hear about experiences from the others and she incorporated that in to the...
Registration materials did not indicate that lunch was being provided daily. Apparently this was the first year lunch has been provided and there was some mix up in providing t...
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...