Difficult Conversations – Strategies for Challenging DiscussionsACHIEVE Centre for Leadership Inc.
Difficult Conversations – Strategies for Challenging Discussions
All available course dates
Difficult Conversations – Strategies for Challenging Discussions (½ or 1 Day)
Whether sharing bad news with a client, providing corrective action, or talking with a colleague about an uncomfortable issue, difficult conversations are typically stressful and often take a large mental and emotional toll. Many people avoid difficult conversations for these reasons, or find themselves ill prepared when they must have them. Yet, the ability to handle difficult conversations respectfully and professionally is one of the most important skills for success in the workplace. This workshop will review the key elements of preparing for, conducting, and concluding difficult conversations. Participants will leave with a set of tools to help ensure that difficult conversations are productive, professional, and respectful for all involved.
Who should attend?
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop applicable to both employees and managers.
Some of the topics included:
- Types of Difficult Conversations
- Our Natural Responses to Difficult Conversations
- Determining if a Conversation is Necessary
- How to Stop Avoiding the Interaction
- How to Prepare for the Difficult Conversation
- Key Skills and Strategies for Engaging
- What to Do If They Won’t Engage
- Concluding the Conversation
- Keys for Delivering Bad News
- How to be Open to Receiving the Difficult Conversation
Course delivery details
The half-day version of this workshop covers much of the same material as the one-day version but there is less emphasis on skills practice.
The full-day training is a comprehensive and skill-based workshop where participants apply the content directly to their context with the focus on skill development.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to
- Describe how to prepare for the next difficult conversation you encounter
- Identify when and how to conduct a difficult conversation
- List some tools to help you in your difficult conversations
ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership Inc.
ACHIEVE’s mission is to inspire learning and improve lives. We envision a world where everyone likes where they work. A trusted provider of professional development training since 2008, ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership offers quality training and resources on the topics...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training